thanks to the wsmtb crew you guys did a great job
i had a great day it ran smoothly and the track was super
cheers

tjb

Likes Dirt
^^^ all class and fast!
Results are now up on the website here
Huge props to WSMTB

- entry handled so efficiently most people got through and start only 15 mins late
- excellent variation on the course (ScottA has a good imagination :))
- results out before you can get home
- relaxed vibe and great close racing
- nice prizes from sponsors! Thanks Panthers for your support

Thanks again WSMTB!

To echo Scott's words - USE THE ONLINE REGO it is so smooth!

nana

Squid
was a tops day once again!

Anyone know who was taking photo's out on the track? they seemed to be moving round a lot and getting some good shots..

chops007

Likes Dirt
chopped down

a massive thanks goes to true and gav from bike bug for taking the time to get me back to transition with my
dislocated shoulder,,

well back to the drawing board..

just chops!

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
a massive thanks goes to true and gav from bike bug for taking the time to get me back to transition with my
dislocated shoulder,,

well back to the drawing board..

just chops!
wow, was that you down on one of the lower corners of the moto track? I guess you dropped the front in some of the thicker gravel? i tell you i drifted through that corner a couple of sketchy times...

hope the shoulder's alright and mad props to gav and true for writing off a day's racing to help a fellow rider.

ps/ thanks wsmtb for another great days racing and thanks to panthers for the new toys :D

BT180

Max Pfaff
Thanks to WSMTB - another great event!

My preparation wasn't the best. I was feeling quite dehydrated and queezy in the stomach.

Checking the results, it says I did 9 laps (only did 8), but my 7th lap only took just over 6 minutes with an average speed of 69 km/h!

I’m guessing that 6 minutes needs to be added onto the end of one of my other laps?? Also, my 2nd lap looks abnormally fast. Anyone else with funky results?

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Loved it! Gave the new JetBlack Slammer wheels a good run in - white rims on the black Pivot :eek: now I love that bike even more.
Thanks to the WSMTB team for running another great smooth race. I was surprised to see so many people crash... must mean that everyone was going hard.

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Checking the results, it says I did 9 laps (only did 8), but my 7th lap only took just over 6 minutes with an average speed of 69 km/h!

I’m guessing that 6 minutes needs to be added onto the end of one of my other laps?? Also, my 2nd lap looks abnormally fast. Anyone else with funky results?
Yeah I think there are a lot of iffy 2nd lap times. Something must have happened with timing. Mine came up as 3 min faster than reality.

But big thansk to the WSMTB crew for another great race. Was a last minute change to solo and had a ball. Couldn't walk after I finished my feet were too swollen but was worth it.

I'd be happy to run the same track format for the next race was lotsa fun to ride.

seanb888

Likes Bikes
great day

Great race and great course and wish I could have enjoyed it as much as the last event. What I thought was just a sore throat turned out to be more and knocked the wind out of me by lap 5. But a lot of lessons learnt and more valuable race experience before first 24h.
Thanks to all the WSMTB guys for putting together such a great course. Loved having all the techy uphill bits included.

Hopefully the forecasted storm is late in the arvo, i will come prepared for the extra km's and we'll decide after the race if to go or not. Anyone else keen?
I will be wearing a FRS/Rotor jersey and riding a blue/black/white Giant hardtail so come introduce yourself.
Really sorry Carbs but didnt read your post till today.I quit with 15mins to still go was in no state to ride latter in the day. Hope your arvo wasnt spoiled and will make and effort to catch up at the next event if I see you.

Cheers Sean.

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
Yeah I think there are a lot of iffy 2nd lap times. Something must have happened with timing. Mine came up as 3 min faster than reality.
Correct something did happen with timing. We were all set to enter numbers in as riders finished their 1st lap when the computer had some identity issues and wouldn't enter numbers.

But as with every race we always keep a manual back up and the rider numbers are recorded down using pen and paper so that when the computers were back up and running the numbers were typed in from the top in order. So the order of finish after lap one is correct but it was entered into the computer 4-5mins after they came through.

What this means is somone like solo winner Craig Gordan his first lap said 22mins and 2nd 13mins but if you add them together and divide by 2 you get roughly 2 laps of 17mins 30secs.

We also missed the numbers of some of the front guys as they wooshed through the timing chicane in a fast line of 15 riders. We can't read multiple 3 digit numbers that fast.

Glad everyone had fun.

jab80

Likes Bikes
Just wanted to throw my thanks on the pile for WSMTB. Great event, great track and great organisation. I was expecting a really delayed start when I saw the size of the rego queue but things went smoothly and we were underway only 10ish minutes late. Looking forward to late Feb, when I'll be sure to use the online rego system!:)

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
Thanks to Jason Pang and Ian English ...

... the two photographers that helped clean up my yard sale. In return, here's a plug for their websites:

Jason Pang http://www.redbubble.com/people/Jasonpang88

Ian English http://web.me.com/ije0

Here's Jason's pic of the moment I lost it:

Thanks also to Big Dog for stopping and making sure I was alright.

And Scott too (despite your heckling :)).

As others have mentioned, great track. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that new left turn before the final ascent to transition was a doozy on the first lap.

tjb

Likes Dirt
Second row back perhaps in the middle one of the Bike Minded guys did a bit of dirt surfing ... he was fine said no one ran him over miraculously!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Second row back perhaps in the middle one of the Bike Minded guys did a bit of dirt surfing ... he was fine said no one ran him over miraculously!
That was Tristan, t'was a near miss, i held my breath when i seen it!

strawb

Squid
heh bm epic forgot to get your number yesterday, We are both in for the mont if you if you need to contact us just ring the shop or facebook.....cheers for the invite:)

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
photos

i did see a few photographers taking some snaps of the riders, anyone know who they were and how we can see any of the photos, id like to see a few of me pinning it/crashing/being a noob :):):):):):)

micallb

Likes Bikes
i did see a few photographers taking some snaps of the riders, anyone know who they were and how we can see any of the photos, id like to see a few of me pinning it/crashing/being a noob :):):):):):)
One of the photographers was my mate. Ive got a copy of some of his shots and will try and get them to the WSMTB webmaster on thurs to put on the website!

micallb

Likes Bikes
One of the photographers was my mate. Ive got a copy of some of his shots and will try and get them to the WSMTB webmaster on thurs to put on the website!

Ive just spoken to my mate and he is gonna try and join rotorburn and put them on here himself.