WSMTB Club XC Round 3 - Yellomundee Sunday 23rd May 2010

ukalipt

Likes Dirt
WSMTB are XC racing again this weekend at Yellomundee.
We're expecting a big turnout so arrive early to register.
Don't forget to visit the timing computer guru's!

Kids Racing: 8:30am to 9:00am
All other Racing: 9.30am
(Starting with A Grade through to Novice with about 1min intervals between grades).
All other Racing: 9.30am

Under 10's free.

all details can be found at www.wsmtb.com

:cool:

Last edited:

Cap

Likes Dirt
Question

I live in Newcastle and it has been pissing down rain for three days. Any trails here would be under water so I'm wondering what it is like down there before I commit to the 2+ hr drive?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
been mostly dry here, had a few spots of rain yesterday in lower mountains, less than a mill

we've not had rain up here like in Sydney or Western burbs

A

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
update

started raining here about 5pm
not heavy
i'm working nights so will update in the morning

ukalipt

Likes Dirt
its been sprinkling on the track for about 2-3hr which i suspect will increase
the speed of the course on the day

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
Reverse Track

The last time I can remember ever racing the track in reverse was the club champs in '03 ??
Was a nice change, it was like a "new" track for everyone.

mtb5150

Likes Dirt
Great day

Congratulations to the club for such a well organised day as always. Only bummer was I couldnt race as my 10yo came and had a race this week and I had no one to look after him whilst I raced. Its a bout time the club looked into a creche ;-). My other son had a great time in the 13's

To tell the truth when I heard it was reversed I was a bit nervous and was trying to imagine riding reverse up the long section before the tire jump in the middle of the lap (near start finish).

Well done all.

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
I took my 9yo and 12yo who both raced and had a great time. I then raced C grade while they stood on the side of the track and cheered me on. I just tell thm to stay together and also tell them that they can go to the people at the start/finish tent if they have a problem. There are always a heap of kids around so when I get back they usually have made some new friends anyway.

BTW the youngest was stoked to get the Land Rover bag as a prize for racing. Thanks very much for organising that.

mtb5150

Likes Dirt
I took my 9yo and 12yo who both raced and had a great time. I then raced C grade while they stood on the side of the track and cheered me on. I just tell thm to stay together and also tell them that they can go to the people at the start/finish tent if they have a problem. There are always a heap of kids around so when I get back they usually have made some new friends anyway.

BTW the youngest was stoked to get the Land Rover bag as a prize for racing. Thanks very much for organising that.
I forgot to make mention of that. My son got one too at his first race, made his day.

When I got there I thought about doing the same as you said above, but didnt bring bike or gear. Bummer, in the end I had to get 13yo to a school function anyway so would have been pushing it for time.

Looking forward to next one.

Glenn

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Nice day, the politeness of gordo and lumley as they zoomed past i thought was terrific, got time to say track when you can and to say a heartfelt thanks when my daughter and i gave them race room and let them keep there pace! Also the train of b graders who were also very polite when my daughter and i were in unpassable singletrack, they made us take our time and be safe, these blokes are most awesome, Aub and friends!
There were a lot of riders on track and the track was very much a lot of fun, cant wait till next round!
Any results up from yesterday?

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Rnd 3

"We are racing the track in reverse." Your what, have you had a brain explosion, sure a little bit of track here and there, but the whole track? Sure there are many tracks out there that can be run both ways but after years of racing at Yarramundi it had a certain feel, with its rutted out descents and smooth winding climbs. Could it be run against the grain? This is how I found it.

Nothing was unusual as the A Graders lined up for the start, Lumley was mentioning how little he had been on the mountain bike, we where just preparing to desperately chase him around for five laps. Gordo had turned up, possibly to check out the track for the next round of the Single Track Mind Series. We were off and I got a good start, a short sprint to the first single tack section and I was on Gordo’s wheel. He entered one of the first few corners to hot and slid out mid bend, I was covering what I thought was the good line and made my only pass of Gordo ever. I held him till the track opened up, he didn’t have to call track and he overtook me via a massive wash-out and loose gravel climb. Lumley was first into the single track at the start of the race and now had a good couple of hundred meters head start on Gordo.

More at http://mcrummy.blogspot.com

All in all another good vibe race, well done to all participants and WSMTB.