WSMTB XC round 5 - Blue Gum Lodge 7th Aug

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
Round 5 of the WSMTB XC series will be held at Blue Gum Lodge in Springwood.
Blue Gum Lodge is private property, therefore there can be no practice before race day.
Race schedule will be different to a normal race day. Check www.wsmtb.com for updates and the race schedule

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
another round at BGL!

Good news (especially for those doing the Husky) WSMTB has booked to hold round 6 of the XC series on the 11 September at Blue Gum Lodge.
That's 2 rounds of sweet single track in a row.
That's also 2 rounds of no port-a-loos as Blue Gum has 5 flushing toilets, hooray for plumbing.

This opportunity arose when another group moved their booking to a later date it left the 11th Sept free so WSMTB jumped on the idea of getting more use of all the track work being done. I'm excited!:D

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Sweet - no events on that weekend! We'll be there! I need more races to get the legs Croc-ready.

0psi

Eats Squid
Just how technical is Blue Gum? I was going to sit this one out because I didn't want to risk hurting myself (always a possiblity with me :p) a week out from City to Surf but it just sounds like too much fun. Is it any more technical than 'Mundie or are people just telling me tall tales?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I wouldn't call it particularly 'technical'. There is a lot of tight single track, one scary descent and a couple of short technical climbs (but they are much more achievable than Lumley's Climb at Yellowmundee).

Last edited:

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
last call, well nearly

rego at 8 tomoz.
just riden the track (with permission....) great fun

prob not racing tomorrow, but will do some filming on the track, so get your race face on!

if i get in your way tell me to piss off!

A

sclyde2

Likes Dirt
Great set up there at Blue Gum, and one of the best run club races I've been to. Being a bit wobbly on my first time on the track, and not quite sussing it out even after 5 laps, I'll be coming back next month for sure.