WSMTBC Freeride Comp - DJ

F1234K

Likes Dirt
I took this little bit of footage from the Dirt Jump competition held today at Kurrajong Bike Park. Some good dirt jumping skills were present and one hell of a ballsy Mr Josh Smith hitting up the biggest double I have EVER seen!

Enjoy:

http://www.vimeo.com/4912669

chops

Likes Dirt
:):)

it was such a great day!!really recomend it to all of you...so bummed that i cant go tomorrow:(:(and i missed josh hit the big jump!!!!:eek::eek:

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
Oh damn, wish I went. Looked like fun.
They should hold another one real soon. Probs shouldn't make the jumps any bigger but add some more and some north shore like wall rides and step-up to step-of sections in there.

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
Nice little vid Mate. Love that song on vids.

DJ's look different to the last ones. Look a lot better and bigger.

Mitch, that was only the DJ section, further down are the skinnies, step down, wall ride, step up/step down, see saw, bootas/senders etc...that's all tomorrow.

Tomorrow should be good. Look out for me for your daily crash/no skill entertainment.

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt

Mitch, that was only the DJ section, further down are the skinnies, step down, wall ride, step up/step down, see saw, bootas/senders etc...that's all tomorrow.

Tomorrow should be good. Look out for me for your daily crash/no skill entertainment.
haha, cool man.
Yer I wanted to come and ride but lack of funding left me stranded here on the Gold Coast :(
I will definetly be at the next one.

F1234K

Likes Dirt

Thanx dude, yeah they changed lot since last weekend. The right most line is similar to the one that was there before, the next line on it's left is bigger than the 3 that were there before and the furthest left is 2 tabletop smaller jumps for beginners. And then there is the absolute monster of a double in the middle. 12m edge to edge. That's 40 foot for you imperial people. And you can see from the vid, it's a steep kicker too. Serious airtime. This thing should be on NWD or something ;)

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
now i wish i went!!!
looks sick, are those jumps open to the public so people can just come and ride them any day?

Last edited:

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Ummmm.... This was a dirt jump competition????? Right....

Nose case was awesome
I should probably clarify, the big jump with the nose case was not part of the DJ comp. It was just Josh hitting it up because he absolutely had to :)

I put it in the vid purely for it's awesomeness.

I didn't get all the good stuff during the comp as it was hard to know where the riders where going to go. There were 3 main lines being used.

Also I think it is worth noting these jumps were just finished last week and have not had a chance to go through the normal ride/tweak/ride some more/tweak some more sessions. They will only improve with time and the next comp should be sick!

jonjon86

Likes Dirt
Awesome - I'm in a video even though my style resembled that of a soggy biscuit. Gives me something to work on I guess.

Considering the jumps never got a chance to dry out or roll in I think it all went pretty well. There'll definitely be some different lines through the set next comp though.

We are currently trying to work out an appropriate date to hold the rained out slope style event on. We'll try to get it happening as soon as we possibly can.

Just remember guys, the track ISN'T open to the public on non event weekends so please don't turn up on any given day and expect to ride. We'll have regular events and ride days as soon as we can, but don't risk our use of the property.

A big thanks to everyone who turned up and we hope to see you all out at the next event.

G-Man

Likes Dirt
Twas a blast - thanks

Twas a wicked day indeed - top vid there - Josh is an animal - twas a bit
scary to watch ..

See you s all at the next one ..

G-man outy

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
Ummmm.... This was a dirt jump competition????? Right....
With all respect, because I know you are a freakin good rider, and you earned your right to an opinion here...

This series has been set up by a few dedicated people wanting an organised competition for freeriding. It's a legal park, with building in progress. If there's no backflips or tailwhips in the footage it's because it was attended by grassroots riders who back the concept. If better (sponsored) freeriders got involved in the digging and the competition, then the video would have alot more trick content.

With the right backing and more faces lining up, the concept can only be good for companies and sponsored riders alike.

As it is, it looks like a success, That 12m double is freakin huge (Josh just keeps going up), and I'm sure everyone there was pushing their own limits and achieving personal goals.

Hope you can see I'm not criticising your opinion Patto, just hoping you use your position and status to make events like this a positive thing, and see it as a further opportunity to promote yourself and your brand when you get a chance.

Looks like a wicked weekend, shame about the weather, but you get that in the south. Wish I was down riding with the crew again.

Will come say hi on the way to the worlds in September dudes.

G-Man

Likes Dirt
With all respect, because I know you are a freakin good rider, and you earned your right to an opinion here...

This series has been set up by a few dedicated people wanting an organised competition for freeriding. It's a legal park, with building in progress. If there's no backflips or tailwhips in the footage it's because it was attended by grassroots riders who back the concept. If better (sponsored) freeriders got involved in the digging and the competition, then the video would have alot more trick content.

With the right backing and more faces lining up, the concept can only be good for companies and sponsored riders alike.

As it is, it looks like a success, That 12m double is freakin huge (Josh just keeps going up), and I'm sure everyone there was pushing their own limits and achieving personal goals.

Hope you can see I'm not criticising your opinion Patto, just hoping you use your position and status to make events like this a positive thing, and see it as a further opportunity to promote yourself and your brand when you get a chance.

Looks like a wicked weekend, shame about the weather, but you get that in the south. Wish I was down riding with the crew again.

Will come say hi on the way to the worlds in September dudes.

Love ya work Nugget :D ....

the park is comming along well ..

C U Soon bruva ..

G-man outy ..