VIC WTB: All found, thanks!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got a mate looking to try his hand at mountain biking so I was going to bolt together an old intense 5.5 frame I have sitting around for him. i'm trying my best to do this on a shoestring budget for him, he's not sure its going to gel and he can always upgrade down the track if he hits it off with the sport. Alternatively if you have / know of a dual suspension xc/trail bike at around the $500 mark let me know and I'll pass it on.

Item: forks, at least 120mm, ideally 130mm, 140mm at most. Air preferred but will consider coil, gotta be QR
Price range/Willing to Pay: found!
Extra Info: 1 1/8 straight steerer over 170mm, extra brownie points if you can include a headset

Item: 26" tyres / basic external 1 1/8 headset /flat or low bars
Price range/Willing to Pay: Found!
Extra Info: just gotta get this up and running, nothing fancy needed

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Got a brand new unused bbb 80mm stem still boxed. 31.8 6deg +/- black, heavy but solid. Otherwise I have a carbon / alloy wrap 100mm stem 31.8 6deg +/- PZ Racing CR52, super light, as new but has been used on roadie for weeks commuting. Both stems $20 ea if you are interested. Pm me if you need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Also, if you get wheels without rotors I have some avid 160 six-bolt rotors in mint condish for freebies if you need. May even have adapters too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thanks mate, like the sound of the 80mm one, might be a bit comfier to start with. Let you know how we're travelling once there's some more parts on offer :)

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bump!

Found most of it, just need a couple of little bits and pieces

Last edited:

ninjananna

Likes Dirt
might sound crazy - but I needed some extra bits (tyres/tubes/brake noodle/v-brakes) to put my old bike back together after swapping the upgrades across to the new build. I went to the local rubbish dump/recycling station - got an old bike for $10 that had everything I needed. One tube just needed air, the other a patch, the tyres were basically brand new.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Might work for tyres, but I doubt I'll be getting a 31.8 bar on a $10 bike :p

Not a bad idea though if cheap tyres continue to elude me, cheers!

slowmick

38-39"
So do you just need some 26" tyres and a set of bars? will have a look in the shed. reckon there is some stuff you can have for free.

L4M3G4M3R

Likes Bikes
I have a set of Crank Brothers XC riser bars I could let go for $20. Near new...went for a wider set with more rise. Think they are Cobalt 3's from memory...let me know if you are interested and I will check the width and rise...but they are certainly no ape hangers.

LG.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Nearly there, just waiting on the forks. Put it together with the fella today, he's chomping at the bit to try this machine out.

Thanks heaps to everyone that's helped, you've assisted in making a new mountainbiker :D