NSW WTB: Dirt jumper.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Item: Dirt jumper
Item Condition: Used, good condition, no more than a few years old.
Price and price conditions: Negotiable - but no more than $600ish. Pick up/meet within 2 hours drive of Orange NSW 2800.
Extra Info: My step-son would like a dirt jumper type bike (24 or 26"). Preferably single speed or if geared a good spec. Pivotal seat of sorts also preferred. 24 or 26 inch wheels. Size of frame would need to be an XS as he is only little. No more than a 21.5" top tube as this is his maximum comfortable reach currently.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Do you need complete or would a box of bits suffice?
Hey mate,

I would prefer something complete or at least about 80% complete. Getting a couple prices off the LBS in the next couple days just incase they have something cheap going.

Cheers,

Bryce

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Thanks Knuckles but hoping to find something with 26" wheels though. Appreciate the thought though.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
No worries mate, good luck, it's a frustrating, expensive experience.
Haha yeah it is. Cheers mate. 24" probably would fit him better for the next 6 months but then I think he would struggle after that. It is a frustrating age to buy a bike. Might take him to the LBS soon and get him measured up properly.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Just saw this
Thanks Moorey, would be a great bike but trying to convince a 10 year old is another matter. Apparently it is all about DJ's ...

Bump... still looking.

Can do pick ups/meets in Orange, Bathurst, Lithgow, Blue mountains and Dubbo.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Bump... still looking. I have a back up bike in mind but am still interested to see what there is 2nd hand.

Considering 24 or 26".

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
have a look at this one..
may have to get a fellow RB'r to help with post or arrange a courier
looks perfect!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/dirt-jumper-/201453539577?hash=item2ee79110f9:g:4CMAAOSwAYtWKGxa
Hey mate, I did actually see that on ebay too and thought it looked alright. Problem was location. Also the frame was a 22.5" large. My 10 year old would have struggled a bit to reach everything. Item was removed anyways :/

Thanks for looking though. Cheers.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
You're going to really struggle to find a dj style bike in the size you're looking for. Especially in 26". I have two 24s and a 26 and they are all about 22" tt. All are considered a 'small' which is as small as they go really. Unless you go custom.

If your boy is dead set on having a dj why not get a bmx and trail bike? My bmx is 20.5" tt and that is very common. Dj forks aren't very fun on trails and unless you spend decent coin they'll be 3kg easy.

I've made a solid effort at weight weenie-ing my bikes but they're still not under 11.5kg. I'm not overly heavy or light but i notice a huge different with even 1kg weight difference in the bikes.

darsh

Likes Dirt
still looking?

have a decent specced rocky mountain flow, takes 24 and 26 wheels

possibly within your budget but not in your state ...

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Bump....still looking. Last ditch effort before I go buy something at the LBS.

Darsh...yes still looking but am hoping for something local(ish). I know it's a long shot but prefer not to deal with couriers and such. Appreciate the offer though. They are nice looking dj's by the way..

Cheers.