VIC WTB Mountain Bike for my daughter

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Item: hard tail or dually for 11/12 yo girl
Location: Ballarat but also travel to Melbourne & surfcoast/Geelong a lot
Item: just after something decent for her to start out on that could be upgraded over time. Probably need a small to medium frame. Looking for maybe Deore type components or above, decent forks etc.
Price and price conditions: budget say $400 to $600 but could consider more if it's a good deal.

Thanks for looking.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate check out the polygon range at bicyclesonline.com.au I you will find they have a 29er hardtail http://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/polygon-cozmic29-cx2-0-29er-mountain-bike-shimano-deore-slx/ full deore drivetrain delivered for $749. Its not female specific but definately worth a look.

My wife picked up an awesome deal on a specialized myka early this year as it was a 26" and they are all going to 29er it was under $700 but didnt have the same spec level as the polygon.

scblack

Leucocholic
A few months ago I bought my 8yo daughter a Giant Boulder XS Womens specific. It cost $400 with Shimano Alivio gears - however I just read you're looking for Deore or above.

Brand new. One option. She rides with me on gentle dirt trails, and everything else.

moorey

call me Mia
Hey mate check out the polygon range at bicyclesonline.com.au I you will find they have a 29er hardtail http://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/polygon-cozmic29-cx2-0-29er-mountain-bike-shimano-deore-slx/ full deore drivetrain delivered for $749. Its not female specific but definately worth a look.

My wife picked up an awesome deal on a specialized myka early this year as it was a 26" and they are all going to 29er it was under $700 but didnt have the same spec level as the polygon.
29" for 11yo girl? :crazy:
Going to be hard to find decent dualie in that price range, but plenty of reasonable hardtails, although smalls can be harder to find.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
29" for 11yo girl? :crazy:
Going to be hard to find decent dualie in that price range, but plenty of reasonable hardtails, although smalls can be harder to find.
Isn't Tate on a 29er? Certainly comes across as a 11yo girl, and changes his mind like female.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interestingly lots of people have their 7 year olds on 26" wheels so 29er for 11year old should be the same effect right? Must admit my wife at 5 ft not much didnt like the bigger wheels either...

Oh well there are a few other options for the op. A full new groupo from merlin Deore is only $399, so perhaps a build project...

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
26 not 29

Definitley a 26inch is required. 29ers are for lycra wearing cheats.

Looking for something someone has purchased for the missus with grand illusions that she was going to join you on the trails and it has not quite worked out.

Let me know if you have anything worth considering.

moorey

call me Mia
Interestingly lots of people have their 7 year olds on 26" wheels so 29er for 11year old should be the same effect right? Must admit my wife at 5 ft not much didnt like the bigger wheels either...

Oh well there are a few other options for the op. A full new groupo from merlin Deore is only $399, so perhaps a build project...
My 8yo is on 26", yes, but the frame is like 11" or so. Damo (kingshill), I thought you would WANT Camilla to cheat, much like you do.