[WTB][VIC] Shimano Front Derailleur

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
Item: Looking for a front derailleur with the following characteristics:
- Shimano, 3x 9x speed
- "conventional style" bottom swing (looking at the derailleur side on, the clamp will be positioned above the rest of the derailleur)
- bottom or dual pull cable arrangement (the cable bolt will usually hang over the opposite side of the derailleur to the cage if you look at the derailleur from behind)
The rest of the bike has Deore, so Deore or similar is ideal.
Location: ideally Melbourne, but happy to pay postage if its cheap to do so.
Price Range: Depends on the item offered.
other: Please post up or send through a PM with a photo and the Shimano model number if you have something.

Last edited:

Sweep3r

Likes Dirt
Could offer the fd on the right of the picture. Meets your requirements apart from well above required spec! PM if you are interested.
IMG_0070.jpg

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
Will it allow down pull on the cable? Most of the FD's I've come across that are dual or down have the cable pull bolt on the opposite side to the derailleur cage. It would also be handy to know how much you want for it (could be out of my league on this one) and the Shimano model code.

Sweep3r

Likes Dirt
Model number is FD-M971. Is designed to be either top or bottom pull; has a guide opposite the cable clamp to allow bottom pull. $30 posted. Cheers

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
I'll sort payment tomorrow morning, just need to get this rig finished. Thanks for your help with this one again!

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
Done - Payment made, should show in the next couple of days. Appreciate if you could send it to the same address as last time. Thanks again, Roy.