X-0 rear derraileur

josh123

Likes Dirt
Do you think it would be better to save some money and just get an X-9 derraileur or spend a bit more on an X-0

Last edited:

Caine

Likes Dirt
Vulgar Taste said:
wrong section mate, this should be posted in the "wanted" section. When your there be sure to use the template to!
Why should it be in the wanted section? he's asking about X-0 and X-9 its got nothing to do with asking people to sell him one.......:rolleyes:

billyboy223

Likes Dirt
X.0/x.9

One major advantage of X.0 is when you blow an individual part on it it is almost definetely replaceable. Where as if you do something to any part of your X.9/X.7 its new derailleur time. So if your thinking of that, in the long run paying the big dollars in the first place may save you a penny down the track. Its also carbon and looks treat.

bhipsley

Likes Dirt
yea i run an x9 rear mech and use x0 shifta's. From my experience with the derraileur it has worked a treat and has never let me down... I've never used an x0 rear derraileur but i cant imagine it can be that much better then the x9, actually i just cant think of how much better you can get then my rear mech cos it works a treat :D BTW, theres more to upgrade on ur ac then just the rear mech!!! :rolleyes:

josh123

Likes Dirt
Yeh, reeaalll mature Benedict. I've already gone over this with you before! No more help from you, bitch.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm running an X0 as well and I rate it highly, compared to the XT and XTR I've ridden with its a lot better. X9 is still a very good derailleur but basically if it takes a bash kiss it goodbye, you cant replace anything on it which is what I like about the X0.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Yeah, from my experiences XO are on par with XTR for there derailleurs. XO seems stronger and stiffer than X9, but at the same time a lot more durable.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
the x0 deraileur is probably the best one out of the 2 but you have to think about how much money you are willing to spend on the deraileur
im mean the x0 is about $400 new and well in think the x9 is about $100 new i think

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
From what I read in [R]ev, RRP on XO shifter is $470 and Mech is $490 for '06.

Farkin will have an XO roundup in the new few days.

AirForceOnes

Likes Dirt
umm excuse me bhipsley, you have had a x9 derailler running on howmany days... 10? :p dont judge it yet.. but it looks nice haha

DEORE PRIDE

Russell Brice

Likes Bikes
I've had an X9 on for about 9 months and just busted my derailer hanger. I thaught that the mech was ok But no. I hit in on a lump of wood riding in a pine forest. The mech is twisted and busted of the lugg which holds the bottom arm sprin tension. In it's twisted state I ahve been able to keep it working quite well.

The moral is that if the hanger broke the derailer should be OK, (maybe), if I had been able to get parts it could be fixed properly but no chance there. replacement only. At least replacement isnt going to send me broke.

Untill I hit it, it has worked perfectly needing adjustment only in the first week of use.

Russell Brice said:
The moral is that if the hanger broke the derailer should be OK, (maybe),
errr, no i think you're a little confused here. the hanger breaks to save the frame, not the deraileur. if you plough your derailuer into a rock its going to get damaged whether its Shimano/SRAM, expensive or cheap. Shit happens. Having used Shimano for years, I've recently changed over to SRAM purely for the feel of the shifting action, its a lot crisper. But thats it really, Shimano is still top notch, its just a personal preference.