X Fusion Velour

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
i am thinking about getting these, all the reviews i've read say there good i was just asking if anyone has them or has riden could tell me what there like. Also does anyone know where to get them in AUS excluding diy mtb because i think it would be easier to buy them from a bike shop not an importer. Thanks

you can buy them from basically any shop, but they get their product from the importer, so theres really no avoiding the importer unless you buy online. iv ehard that they are great forks as well but have quite a bit of flex

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sethus on here has some of his riders on them. fantastic forks, thats why im geting the vengeance HLR

Singlespeedfreeride- i dont know where you have got the reports of them being very flexy, ive heard the polar opposite from everyone.

sethus on here has some of his riders on them. fantastic forks, thats why im geting the vengeance HLR

Singlespeedfreeride- i dont know where you have got the reports of them being very flexy, ive heard the polar opposite from everyone.
a guy who is semi sponsored by them or something like that says that they flex, but thats when your doing, say, 360s down stairs and stuff like that, more torsional flex than straight back/forth flex

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Yeah im there team rider.

I found the velour to be really good, its not all that flexy, i had no issues.

Although now i run the Vengeance Hlr at 80mm.

Just buy off Duncan at Diymtb, no other online store will sell them. Lbs or direct are your only options.

yeah this guy is in canada not australia. but i have heard that while they are flexy its not too flexy, personally im waiting until i can afford the new velvet in 15mm as it should be plenty strong enough for me as i dont really trust 10mm axles and qr

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yeah im there team rider.

I found the velour to be really good, its not all that flexy, i had no issues.

Although now i run the Vengeance Hlr at 80mm.

Just buy off Duncan at Diymtb, no other online store will sell them. Lbs or direct are your only options.
Nearly. ;) we sell them online with the dartmoor frames. The guys who I've sold Velvets/Velours are some the best riders up and coming, they push HARD, very HARD and these forks have been taking a beating. In saying that they don't handle 30ft jumps to tankslap's as well as something designed for it should. If you're smooth and can keep it together then they will be a great choice. If you're abit dicey and learning to go big stepping up to the higher model would probably be better decision in terms of peace of mind.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah this guy is in canada not australia. but i have heard that while they are flexy its not too flexy, personally im waiting until i can afford the new velvet in 15mm as it should be plenty strong enough for me as i dont really trust 10mm axles and qr
I asked duncan from diymtb about the new 15mm ones and he seemed to think they're more xc oriented and would not be as well suited to dj/street or be strong enough like the current velours. He also said some time in the near future x-fusion should be releasing a dj/street specific fork.

Are the velour's better than velvet's (OLD ONES) for jumping?
pretty much exactly the same as the old ones with a few damping changes or something, i've ridden both and couldn't notice.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
I asked duncan from diymtb about the new 15mm ones and he seemed to think they're more xc oriented and would not be as well suited to dj/street or be strong enough like the current velours. He also said some time in the near future x-fusion should be releasing a dj/street specific fork.

pretty much exactly the same as the old ones with a few damping changes or something, i've ridden both and couldn't notice.

The velour has a more revised crown than the old Velvet and therefore is stronger.

We have been advised to not sell the new 15mm Velvet for Dirt Jumping, its a 1.5kg xc fork. Although alot of the Canadian team have been riding on them, itll be interesting too see how they go.

A dirt jump specific fork is on the way soon, ;)

Jervis

Likes Dirt
End of Nov/Dec from memory
The 2011 Velvet is available now in 9mm QR from diymtb. The 15mm Velvet is not out in the USA until January. I do not know how long that means for them to make it to Australia but Duncan at diymtb said around January, probably late January/early Feb.

Good choice 'NS Capital Man'! I run the 09 Velvet with a new crown, like the Velours. They are a good fork, you'll enjoy them.