Xbox 360's Unite!

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
sorry but i believe that kinect bullshit is taking the fun out of xbox, i would prefer to play using a remote

ps, did anyone watch the xbox es3 thing on foxtel :D i want that tv screen they had in the background :( haha

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
sorry but i believe that kinect bullshit is taking the fun out of xbox, i would prefer to play using a remote
I agree. I don't fancy the controls on the Wii games and I won't be buying a Playstation Move setup. The Kinetic idea is about as far as next gen consoles can go but it still takes the precision out of video gaming. On the other hand, this type of stuff is aimed at more of the cruisey type games that make multiplayer stuff with friends in your lounge room fun.
Personally, I'd prefer to scope you from one hundred metres away and take your head off.;)

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
I think the Kinect will be targeted at the young kids. Mine are all under 7 and kinect would work well with them.

I prefer xbox controls over the wii as well. Motion control is just for laughs, not serious gaming.

I like to feel the game through the feed back on the controller. Like in racing games you get to feel rumble strips on the apex's of corners. You wont get this with Kinect.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Right then, I bought Halo 3 new for $25 the day after Halo Reach was released. A good score I think. Anyway, I have never played any of the Halo games but I frequently read all kinds of reviews and stories on the Halo brand on each website or magazine I read. It is Xbox's flagship title yeah? It is the game you need to own if you own an Xbox 360? I've had my machine for a couple of years and while I primarily play PS3 and prefer to play PS3 games I still buy the exclusive Xbox 360 games just because I can. Now after playing most of Halo 3 and having a crack at the online multiplayer I can only assume that it gets a lot better as you play through it and get better at it? I honestly can't say that it is a great game and I haven't seen anything too fancy about it.
What is so good about Halo? Am I missing some sort of gameplay tricks?

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my tips for actually getting some kills in halo.

1. spam grenades
2. shoot like a crazy mutha and walk forward until you get close.
3. spam the melee button
4. get the kill

most people don't melee and that gets them killed. but if all else fails get the sword and camp in a room and you pretty much can't be beaten unless the whole team rushes you.

i think most people buy for the story/firefight/forge. and the multiplayer is good aswell just those features get the extra people to buy it. my personal view is it is a fun game just to muck around in, COD is much more fun/challengeing as you only need 3 rounds to pop someone off, not a full clip of 32 rounds and a melee.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I guess the time I've spent on Modern Warfare has kind of clouded my expectations of other multiplayer match ups. I couldn't believe I emptied a full mag into a dude and he just kept coming! A couple of grenades fucked him.;)
I dare say I won't get into buying the Halo games. I prefer games set in our time or thereabouts. I didn't enjoy Killzone on PS3 either.
I see NBA Jam won't be released only in a bundle with NBA Elite now, you'll be able to get it on it's own. I don't know if it is through Xbox Live or as a disc but either way it'll save you buying two NBA games this season.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rented Reach to try, didn't like it that much. Still prefer COD, even though I hate those that play it, eg tubers & corner warmers. Keen for Black ops to come out, even though it's release is in the middle of my final exams.

Also gamer-tag change, now NIPL Lanky .

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Have just got my new xbox with kinect. I love it.

Yes, I am not a hard core gamer (at all), but I love the idea of not having to hold anything to play games. And not sitting on the couch. I got the xbox for those little bits of time when I am at home and to avoid the tele (there is nothing on anyway)

Currently I only have the Kinect adventures game (that came with the box). It is pretty cheesy, but fun. It takes a bit, but you get used to the action of directing the player on screen. It has reasonably good tracking. I imagine in the future it will be a lot better - or I'll get better at directing it.

The best thing is that you can use the controller to navigate menus if you get tired of waving at the sensor. With the WII, I've noticed that you don't have this option

I can't wait to get the dance game.

My tips are

1. You need a bit more space than what the guidelines say. The box says that you can play in a 1.8m area in front of the sensor, but really the sensor would prefer that you are further away - say another 1.5m. Not many places have a clear 3 x 3m area in front of the tele.

2. prepare for blisters on your toes. You really need to move around and jump.

Last edited:

galumay

Likes Bikes
just got the Xbox 360 & Kinect for our son's xmas pressie - although I am sure it will get plenty of use from the big people!

set it up on the HD panel last night to check it out, PQ is amazing after i hacked it to run HDMI to the panel with a standard HDMI cable rather than the pricey adaptor M$ try to sell you.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was looking at getting a Playstation a while back, couldn't pull the trigger on one and ended up buying a bmx:eek:
Now that the kinect thing is out (which my kids will love) I'm thinking of going for an Xbox (if I can sell a heap of bike stuff and the bmx).
Never really liked the idea of the Wii though, seemed like something that the novelty would wear off too quick. At least with the xbox even if kinect wears off the console still has heaps of great regular games (I always liked shooters, driving games etc, not that I've got to play decent ones much at all).

Tizz--

Likes Dirt
Anyone still playing mw2? heaps of lag in all the games i join so want to play aussies, my gamertag is tiz112

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've played all the top games out over the last few months. Basically EB games in Perth had a condition where if you don't Luke to game you can return it for a refund or swap in the first 7 days. Pretty much buy the most expensive game and gradually work down the list of games haha. Anyway I have been having more fun playing the old school games like matt Hoffman pro bmx 2 on xbox, or recently I bought sega mega drive ultimate collection and havnt been able to turn it off haha.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm after a copy of Dead space (not Dead Space 2, just Dead Space). Let me know if you have one you're happy to part with!;)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm after a copy of Dead space (not Dead Space 2, just Dead Space). Let me know if you have one you're happy to part with!;)
I have a copy for 360. Ill see if I can find it. Its a pretty fun game, a little repetitive at times but dark and scary.