XC/AM Hardtail or dualy

allstar

Likes Dirt
Item: XC/AM Hardtail or dualy
Price range/Willing to Pay: 500-800
Extra Info: Im after a bike for my girlfriend. she wants something she can ride to work on and i want to get her something she can come down the mountains with me on. Im not after anything shit. I would like something half decent. i know that price range is on the cheaper side of things but i know decent bikes can be found for that money.

so to recap

Has to be pedal friendly
Has to be relatively light
Can be a hardtail or Dualy
Has to be suitable to ride trails down a mountain on ever the weekend and ride to work during the week

Let me know what you've got even if it doesn't meet all of my requirements...

cheers guys!!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey buddy, I've just changed my wife's frame over and I now have a nice medium salsa el Santo frame that I'm about to put up for sale
http://salsacycles.com/bikes/el_santo

Its in pretty good nic, some cable rub and paint chips but no ding dents or cracks anywhere. Comes with headset, mounting hardware for a fox shock (requires a 165mm shock), salsa seat post and clamp and an xt derailleur. Pretty sure I paid $400 for it with a float r shock and its done well under 100km since then, she's much less of a rider than I am a bike builder :mmph: does $250 sound fair?

Pm me if interested :)

elum

Squid
What size does your partner ride?

I've got a Niner EMD9 in an XS (2012 in black, excellent condition) but for the price you are asking, I would only sell you the frame and fork (includes headset).

get back to me if you are interested and I'll post you some picts.

cheers

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
I've got a complete Fluid Nitro i was just going to build up to sell. The frame isn't a big brand name fancy schmancy like some others, but it works well. Was going to put Fox 32 Floats on it, they are RL so would work pretty well as a commuter too. Mostly a parts-o-caster, so really only asking about $400 or more with a couple nicer bits. PM for full details, pics, etc if interested. It's not built atm, size S.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
pics as per your request :) there is some chipping on the underside of the chainstay, its a bit weird as there is bugger all on the top side so its not like its been thrashed excessively or anything. the only thing i can think of is that the previous owner had it set up badly and had chain drop or suck issues or something. in any case, it doesnt effect its performance and its under the bike right up next to the chainrings so you pretty much wont see it.

IMG_20130427_115406.jpgIMG_20130427_115435.jpg

i can try again for better pics tomorrow if you like...