XC chainguides with BB92

0psi

Eats Squid
Looking at getting a new frame which runs a BB92. Anyone know of a way to run a BB mounted XC chainguide like a E-13 XCX? I don't really want to have to run a widget guide but still want to keep the whole 1x9 thing happening, it rocks.

0psi

Eats Squid
I didn't know that existed! Pretty sad considering I used to work for the distributor! May still not work as the frame also uses a direct mount front derailleur, so a good chunk of the lower section of the seat tube is square on one side. Good to know though.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm assuming its going on a Carbon Scale/Spark?
Pretty sure they're the owners of BB92?

The best way to do it, although you may need access to some tools (failing that some experts help, try gripsport) use one of the MRP/E13 standard bb mounts, and simply get a new bracket made for it, that mounts via the E-type bolt.
Shouldn't be to hard, I'm going to make one myself these holidays :)

Hope it helps.

philw86

Likes Bikes
I'm assuming its going on a Carbon Scale/Spark?
Pretty sure they're the owners of BB92?

The best way to do it, although you may need access to some tools (failing that some experts help, try gripsport) use one of the MRP/E13 standard bb mounts, and simply get a new bracket made for it, that mounts via the E-type bolt.
Shouldn't be to hard, I'm going to make one myself these holidays :)

Hope it helps.
We will be releasing a Shimano "E-type" frame mount, and a DirectMount version of the XCX.ST (single bolt, like in the video). I'd expect to see some additional info later this year. The E-type mount (two bolt holes) will be out mid-late Nov, with the regular XCX.ST being available Nov 1st.

All these standards... BB92, BB95, BB30, Press Fit 30...phew.

Last edited:

wagon boy

Likes Dirt
Did anything end up happening with the e-type version? I can't seem to get one in Australia, and I didn't see and info on the interwebs...

0psi

Eats Squid
Kinda. There's also a seat tube clamp model now available and a direct mount available but it's the one with 2 bolts down near the BB, like on a Pivot or Scott scale. The direct mount which is a single bolt on the seat tube like a Rocky Mountain Vertex is apparently in the works, can Phil the E*13 tech support ninja confirm? If you want the down low give Gaz at Dirt Works a call, he's pretty clued in with what's going on, well he his after a long chat about this just the other day and most LBS' can order them in for you.

http://www.e13components.com/2010/12/xcx-st-retention-systems-now-available.html

http://www.e13components.com/product_xcx_st_etype.html

Last edited: