XC Fork - 29er non-boost

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Item: 29" non-boost XC fork. Fox 32 or 32SC, Rockshox Sid, Suntour Axon (Werx pref), etc etc
Price range/Willing to Pay: Max ~$600 probably
Extra Info: Pref 100mm travel but open to anything in the 80-120 range subject to what's on offer. Must be non-boost 15x100mm. Minimum 170mm steerer (tapered). Doesn't have to be super fancy Factory Kashima Blackbox hoo-hah but pref not a POS.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definitely needs to be non-boost? I have some 2020 120mm SID Selects in boost, had been running them with non-boost wheel via adapter.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

PJO

in me vL comy
Was just about to make the same suggestion...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Definitely needs to be non-boost? I have some 2020 120mm SID Selects in boost, had been running them with non-boost wheel via adapter.
Hey mate could be up for boost with adapter, just marginally more complicated because centrelock hub. Can you PM me some details?

ausdb

Being who he is
I have some 2016 SID 32mm non boost, steerer is about 163-165mm (need to take them out of the bike to measure properly) so probably too short for you, currently at 100mm but have a 120mm air shaft. One of the triggers on the lockout has snapped but if @RealizE sells me his XFusions I'd be happy to sell these for a lot less than your max price

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate could be up for boost with adapter, just marginally more complicated because centrelock hub. Can you PM me some details?
Probably not a good solution if you have a centrelock hub - can't use a rotor adapter with them. Could space out 10mm one side instead (offset wheel to the left 5mm) but that's not a great idea imo. Ausdb's forks would be the better idea if steerer not too short.

I've just remembered why i'd taken the SIDs off too - bit of play seemingly in the footnuts so was going to investigate, would probably want to check that out before selling them.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Probably not a good solution if you have a centrelock hub - can't use a rotor adapter with them. Could space out 10mm one side instead (offset wheel to the left 5mm) but that's not a great idea imo.
Not too much hassle actually (there are CL-6 bolt boost adapters, and I’m using 6 bolt rotors already) but just another thing to buy.

I’d be interested if you investigate the foot nut play - otherwise interested anyway and I can look into it myself, have some RS spares kicking around anyway.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I have some 2016 SID 32mm non boost, steerer is about 163-165mm (need to take them out of the bike to measure properly) so probably too short for you, currently at 100mm but have a 120mm air shaft. One of the triggers on the lockout has snapped but if @RealizE sells me his XFusions I'd be happy to sell these for a lot less than your max price
Thanks mate, if you can confirm steerer length they might be a good option!

ausdb

Being who he is
@leitch my guess was pretty close, the steerer is just 162mm. I'm the second owner but haven't ridden them yet, originally off a Norco.
DSC_6645-picsay.jpg
DSC_6665-picsay.jpg
DSC_6656-picsay.jpg
The release for the lockout was broken when I got them.
DSC_6668-picsay.jpg
Let me know if it will work for you.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Thanks mate, I’ll double check steerer today and see what I can get away with. Haven’t had poploc in forever, can’t remember - do they default to locked or unlocked without the remote attached?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Unlocked.
Default locked would suck.
Agreed, but this is SRAM we're talking about. Honestly surprised it's not a hydraulic remote that requires its own special bleed kit that's identical to the other ones but with a different thread pitch because fuck you.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
From memory, the hydraulic ones were locked by default....saw them on local kids bikes, needing a bleed, and were locked.
Yep, I have Sid xx on the Singlespeed. Lever in is unlocked, lever out is locked.

Weird, but then I rarely use it anyway so not a big deal. At least all the oil doesn't leak out the top like on almost all of the older rs lockout systems.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk