[XC] Pivot 429 Carbon

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks fast!

Where's the weight in this? I've got my 5.7 600g lighter, with a dropper post. Same sort of xt/xtr build, same wheelset (just 26").

teK--

Eats Squid
Beatiful and fast looking ride! Love the artwork and flow of the Pivot carbon frames.

You didn't waste any time cutting that steerer ;).

Suggest getting a nicer bottle cage; that one looks like it'd be at home on a steel roadie.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Suggest getting a nicer bottle cage; that one looks like it'd be at home on a steel roadie.
Pretty sure it's a King cage, very nice and expensive piece of bottle cage...

Geoff, happy to take it off your hands if you wish to donate it to me :thumb:

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I'll be sticking with the stainless King cage, thanks very much.

Cúl, someday, maybe, but not while I can still whip it, whip it good.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I need to put mine on the scales at FTR, but on the fish scales at home mine was sub 12 which I wasn't expecting: Linkie
See you Sunday!

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
Nice looking greeny. Pretty sure I saw you lined up at the start this morning.

Rhys_ = there's a lot of weight in the wheels and tires on this one, baggy 2.35" on the front, I also get tires with sidewall protection and tubeless ready where possible - adds to the weight as well. With sealant in the tires, there's not much weight difference between tubes and no tubes.

The frame weighs about 500gm heavier than an equivalent carbon dually from most other brands.

Alloy bar instead of standard carbon - was a width thing.

Specialized 90mm stem - at the time, only one the right length and right -ve drop to do the job.

Not a lightweight seat, but my arse likes the comfort.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yeah, I'll be sticking with the stainless King cage, thanks very much.

Cúl, someday, maybe, but not while I can still whip it, whip it good.

geoff- you pull a very odd face when getting flicky

your mouth is doing a cats bum impression

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Looks fast!

Where's the weight in this? I've got my 5.7 600g lighter, with a dropper post. Same sort of xt/xtr build, same wheelset (just 26").
I keep the original post up to date, currently 12.43kg.
Mine is also a medim frame and weighs 11.4kg, SRAM XO groupset, Stans Crest wheels, FSA K-Force bars, stem and post, Fizik carbon braided Gobi, and 2.25 Racing Ralphs main differences.