XC Race on Sunday 22nd April 2007, at Yellowmundee

TonyG

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I'm interested in competing in this weeks XC race at WSMTB Club on Sunday. I've checked the WSMTB site, but I can't find a time sheet for the races. Does anyone know what divisions are running and the kick-off times?

Cheers,
Tony

EDIT : Also MWMTB Club website has the orienteering Day scheduled at Yellowmundee all day? Are they running the same tracks?

Last edited:

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
8:00am rego open
9:00 am rego close
9:30 race start (usually D grade first then other grade a 2 minute intervals)

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
The MTBO is in the afternoon after the XC races have finished. You needed to have pre-entered for this one as they need to print up the course maps. No doubt some of the tracks used will be the same. There's also a few tracks that dont get raced on and you certainly wont be racing them in the same order or direction.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
The MTBO is in the afternoon after the XC races have finished.
There's also a few tracks that dont get raced on and you certainly wont be racing them in the same order or direction.
And a few that do get raced on that were so overgrown I felt like I was riding by brail... Quite a few tracks there that were really nice to ride in the other direction though! Maybe WSMTB could do a race in reverse ;)

oh, and in the "Polaris team ChunderStruck Face off..." I got smashed by schmackster... 1:06 vs 1:29

Cheers
Gonz - who might have got'n geographically emabarrased once or twice.

gustfront

Likes Dirt
I saw the "race start 9:30am" and thought, translation, "10am if we're lucky". I was on the can when I heard them call the start of our race. "What the...doh", spent the first lap chasing the field but i wasn't alone. I think three other MWMTB members also missed the start. That'll teach us. :)

Good the see some slick organisation though. I'll certainly pay more attention next time.

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
I saw the "race start 9:30am" and thought, translation, "10am if we're lucky". I was on the can when I heard them call the start of our race. "What the...doh", spent the first lap chasing the field but i wasn't alone. I think three other MWMTB members also missed the start. That'll teach us. :)

Good the see some slick organisation though. I'll certainly pay more attention next time.
Thanks Gust... one of our main aims this year has been to fix that area of our operations up.... The other is trackwork - and Gonz we're working on that too!

cheers,

schacksta
pres
wsmtb

DaGonz

Eats Squid
The other is trackwork - and Gonz we're working on that too!
Yeah sorry, I wasn't having a go really more taken back to what a couple of months can do... there was really only one or two spots on the race course that was a bit "urr where's this going... and what's there" . I was riding like a muppet on lap 1 let alone lap 5. A bit of long grass wasn't going to stop that ;)

Besides... I'm pretty sure I wasn't there yesterday pushing the mower through the single track... (huge kudos to who ever did that!)

Some of the '12hr' sections down the back (including the bits around Shano's) during the MTBO though were well... a bit more interesting in a "oh my ${diety} i'm going to die!...." kind of way... :)

Cheers
Gonz

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
It was the lantana growing across the old tracks that got me on the MTBO. I have cuts all over my arms and one across my throat as well :eek:

Highlight of the day was seeing Alchemist riding up the road to the rego area using only one leg. I thought the large bandage on his shin was the reason but no, his crank had fallen off. :D

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
Yeah the lantana is a real pain when your riding the way it rips at you.

But when the lantana and other weeds grow over old trails it helps to restore them and minimise erosion when it rains. So when those trails get opened again for longer races all it need is a heavy prune, cause the trails themselves are in fantastic condition.

PrOd

Likes Dirt
Highlight of the day was seeing Alchemist riding up the road to the rego area using only one leg. I thought the large bandage on his shin was the reason but no, his crank had fallen off. :D
First no gears and no suspension, now one crank. What's next. No saddle? :D

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Are the results from the XC racing in the morning available anywhere? just curious to know how badly I sucked :)

Cheers
Gonz

go to bed jessica

Likes Dirt
Results should be up soon, Nikki the webmaster is on holiday, hence the delay. But I can tell you that you came 7th, 2:02:16, +16min 32sec from 1st.

I'll try to figure out if I can post the results here in the meantime:)