XC track condition

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello all,

Just wondering what condition the Xc track is in. I plan on heading down on Wednesday but I have heard the grand cannon has been reclassified to make way for the new gorge that has open up down at the bottom.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Speaking with Dave Kenny today, the track is very overgrown he has started to slash the 2nd section, any of the gullys are unridable and there are quite deep rutts on the 3rd section near the berms at the top. I'm not sure the fire roads will be open to ride down either they are currently closed "for regeniration" this includes redwood, picnic point and even the fire road that used to be scratch track.

axertes

Likes Dirt
Hi all, any further news on this? Is there road access via Jones Rd as an alternative to riding from Jube?

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Amos rd is open until about half way along, where you could park your car and ride the rest of the way. Just note you will have to dismount and either bush bash or climb down into the creek where the road used to be. It probably won't be easy getting your bike out of the creek as its quite tall.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Was just down there during the week..

Hi All,

I was just down at the track on the weekend -- could hardly see it and it does not seem practical to ride it.

Is there a working bee coming up to get this thing operational?

By the way -- I just joined up. So I am an TMBC noob.

Matt