XC Track

nathan

Likes Dirt
Hey people. Yesterday Ryan took me down to the part of the XC track they have been working on. It is awesome!! A bob cat has been employed to help clear the track and it is doing a great job. It is going to be a killer when it is finished so everyone who can lend a hand in the building of the track please do.

Congrats to Ryan who has been there every track building day, however last weekend only 1 other person turned up. I know lots of people have work but don't let work rule your life. The next track building day is Saturday the 12th of November (12/11/05). I am going to take the day off work to be there so please come along and we will get this baby built qickly. More details will be given closer to the date.

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Nathan. There were actually two that showed up. Mark Farrington and Brett. I'd imagine though with about a team of 10 and a bobcat we could get this track built in no time. To all the Toowoomba XC riders that are contemplating helping out just come and do it. If your thinking a 6km loop is not long enough and I won't ever go down there I can tell you, you will as this track will be hella sweet to ride. Also if you find the track not to your tastes after it is built well then you can't do anything about it once it is.

MrPlow

TMBC
Interesting that the XC riders said we were a DH club (some of you winged)
now you have your chance to step up to the plate:confused:
I bet the ppl who do turn up to build (I know the intentions are there) they will be DHers:rolleyes:

I put the challenge up XCers:D

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yer i should be able to come next trackbuilding day and i reckon who ever has intentions of riding the track should be out there helping bulid it same as anything else to do with riding.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Perhaps a less of a carrot & stick method Greg, calling xc riders whingers will not aid in getting more bodies to track building days. Whether ment tongue in cheek or not This is the clubs track & everybody who can lend a hand should be encouraged to attend. I will also make the next build day but after 2pm when I'm finished work.
:D

covert

Cannon Fodder
aaron01 said:
Perhaps a less of a carrot & stick method Greg, calling xc riders whingers will not aid in getting more bodies to track building days. Whether ment tongue in cheek or not This is the clubs track & everybody who can lend a hand should be encouraged to attend. I will also make the next build day but after 2pm when I'm finished work.
:D
Agreed, and I don't think anyone who hasn't turned up to help should be pionting the finger. A touch hypocritical isn't it?

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay kids we are getting a little off track here. Lets work as a club and I will be glad if both XC and DH riders turn up, the more the merrier. The next build day will be the 12th of November starting hopefully around 8.00am I know that some of you can only come in the afternoon and that is fine. If you are coming and can't find where we are building ring my mobile and I will give you directions my number is 0418870272.

MrPlow

TMBC
Totally tongue in cheek guys. Sorry if I offended.
I remember Ryan saying at the meeting he was going to whip yes all to work too!? light hearted jokes.
"Hypocritical" statements?? :) lol, I have spent plenty of time on Jubilee, even before it was a track. ;)
I will be there for the next build session.
Look forward to seeing you all there.

No club ride this Saturday as far as I am aware.

Last edited: