XC Tyres

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
I'm building up a 650B XC hardtail, and was chasing some opinions on tyre choice. I'm using DT Swiss X1700 wheels for the build, aiing to go tubeless, and will generally be riding trails in WA's southwest which vary from hardpack to gravel to loose sandy tops. Mostly fire trail type stuff, which the missus enjoys, and I think I'd enjoy more on a lighter bike.

My trail bike is currently using a Maxxis HR II 3C 2.3 up front and Maxxis Ikon 3C 2.2 out back, which feel far better than then stock Nobby Nics they replaced. Whilst I like that combo, I'd think there's something lighter I can run on the new build.

Any thoughts?

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
You know I did that and nothing similar came up (admittedly I searched for Tyres)... obviously my search-fu is weak.

Mods, please close - I'll re-post in the correct thread.

stirk

Burner
Nah, dont close thread, everyone loves to tell you what tyres they run!

Sounds like you have a great combo already anyway.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
For dry firetrails you arent exactly pushed to the limit so I will vote for Crossmark 2.0 which I have for summer conditions .

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
For dry firetrails you arent exactly pushed to the limit so I will vote for Crossmark 2.0 which I have tubeless + tubed for summer conditions.
I've never read about tubes being better in summer than tubeless?

What is the deal there?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I've never read about tubes being better in summer than tubeless?

What is the deal there?
I guess when it's hot sealant hardens up quicker and you need to add more/change it more often?

Can't really think of any other reason? :/

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Hahaha. Alright I have corrected the thread.
I didnt realize it was being read by pedant English teachers.
Or should that be pedantic ?
Imagine if English was my second language + my name had 3 Zeds in it ?

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Hahaha. Alright I have corrected the thread.
I didnt realize it was being read by pedant English teachers.
Or should that be pedantic ?
Imagine if English was my second language + my name had 3 Zeds in it ?
Do you want me to edit my post where I quoted you? :heh:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
No its a good pisstake.
That has happened to me previously where I typed something in haste, without punctuation + it was taken completely the wrong way + someone went off on a tangent for about 8 pages .
The only way to stop it was to explain what went wrong !
Made me wonder however how multicultural mtbiking really is though + whether everyone is a WASP, 40 years old + on the same humour level ?
Once I gave a seller some banter about his Avatar/ log in name + he got really shitty, obviously thought I was insulting + said he would never sell the forks to me !!!!
This has nothing to do w tyres.