XM819 ust rim for DH

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
The 819 may weigh as much as a downhill rim but don't be fooled, it doesn't have the width or the strength! ZTR flow, I agree.

- Joel

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+2 for the Stans No Tubes flow.. if not get yourself a Mavic Deemax Ultimate rim if you can handle yellow..

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
But does the the Notubes have the bead lock rib in the rim. Atm I am running a 721 with rim strip and always burping it with 30psi. Have a 823 on rear and have never had a bead problem. Using Minon ust,s with stans.

Cant handle Yellow Deemax dont know what they where thinking when they went with yellow.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Stans (no tubes) Flow is designed for exactly that.. No tubes. So it does have a kin of lock in bead around the rim. The only thing i can see that it doesnt have is the spoke eyelets. And of course you need to run the "yellow tape" as the rim still has spoke holes. But that is no problem.

The lip is slightly different to the Mavic version, but works just as well as its a lot shallower where the tyre bead sits in so it doesnt have much room for movement.
I run the Stans Arch on my XC bike which is the same rim just narrower for xc use, and it was a cinch to run it tubeless with the Schwalbe tires i have. Never had a problem.

I just wish the Stans Flow came in 36h so i could lace it to these spare 36h Hadleys i have sitting here :(

T-Rex

Template denier
But does the the Notubes have the bead lock rib in the rim. Atm I am running a 721 with rim strip and always burping it with 30psi. Have a 823 on rear and have never had a bead problem. Using Minon ust,s with stans.
As stated above, the ZTR is designed for tubeless (with a rim strip), and I've never had a problem with them in that configuration, even using regular tyres.

I wouldn't run a 721 tubeless. They are a small outer diameter, I'm not surprised that you burp them. If you get a flat spot in them you can roll the tyre right off the rim.

petertronica

Likes Dirt
I ran an 819 for over a year, it held up pretty good. I kept it religiously well tensioned though. It's too narrow really for 2.5 minions, I found the tyre would roll off the rim at low pressures which was terrifying. Now run a stans flow. Much better.