Xt m785 bracks on a DH bike

Freeo

Likes Bikes
Has any dhers out there used 2012 Xt m785 brakes for DH ? Do they have enough power?
I am 73kg and use code5s the old type at the mo. The bike I will be putting these new bakes on is a 2012 demo which weighs about 18kg.

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
I have had mine on 3 different bikes for the past 4 months (yeah I change bikes a lot).

First set of Shimano brakes I have owned (coming off avid). I cut the lines, pushed a new barb in and haven't bled them yet, still on the factory bleed. I am super happy with them, even on 5 min+ runs in NZ they wouldn't fade a bit. Still on original pads even after riding every weekend, mostly in the mud.

Cannot recommend them highly enough. I am going to a Saint front caliper, purely because I will use the Ice-Tec caliper with the M775 lever I have.

So yeah, basically they are the best set of brakes I have ever owned and I guarantee you will be happy with them. Dont go with avid unless you enjoy weekly bleeding. Running mine with RT75 rotors 203mm front and rear. I also weigh 70kgs.

GET THEM.

Freeo

Likes Bikes
Cool just got a set of ice tce rotors (2x203) and a set of Ice Xt brakes. I have only put the front one on at the mo do these brakes take long to bed in? As I did a couple of short dh runs today and they did not seem that powerful.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Yeah man, mine only came into their own after 2 and a half days of runs in NZ aha. Didnt do any sort of bedding in process though, just riding.