XT Trail pads

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering if everyone else's XT trails pads are the same as this..

Just seems the pad doesn't sit all the way down on the piston?
Its obvious in there correctly.. just thought it would be a bit more "perfect" than this? Or have i got like xtr pads or something simple like that?

Saying this i can see the top end of the pad/piston to see if its the same. It may well be that its the same and the piston is central, it just overhangs on each end..

ps. ignore the silver stuff on the mount.. its just anti seize from the ti bolts..

eg:
DSC00361.jpg
DSC00359.jpg

Global Xpress

Likes Dirt
Ev, mine are exactly the same. There is obviously no way the pad can be moved down due to the pin holding them in place. Guess its just the shimano design. Might look at some aftermarket pads once these run out, I dont know if anyone is making ice tech pads yet, other than genuine.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Superstar kevlar Pads i have seem to work pretty well. 4 sets for $40, can't go wrong with that!

udi

swiss cheese
There's no reason the piston has to be completely covered by the pad, so I wouldn't consider it a flaw. You'll find the same thing on many twin piston brakes that employ larger pistons for more power. The pad size is restricted by the rotor's track size.