XT wheels, Hayes Stroker trail brakes

Hi There,

Forgive my ignorance, but I have a set of M775 XT wheels that I want to put on my Ibis Mojo, but it has Hayes Stroker trail brakes and the rotors are 6 bolt. I need centre lock rotors for the XT wheels, can I get Hayes rotors with a centrelock option? I ultimately want XT brakes (want the whole thing to match as I am a touch OCD) but currently don't have the $$$.

Thanks in advance.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I'd go the next step and simply purchase XT Centerlock Rotors. I don't recall my 6" rotors costing much more than those adapters.

wattieez

Likes Dirt
I'd go the next step and simply purchase XT Centerlock Rotors. I don't recall my 6" rotors costing much more than those adapters.
You'd have to be careful with the rotors, the spider may hit the caliper.

For now the easiest option would be to get the adapters or just do a bit of forum searching to see if there's any problems using the XT rotors on the Hayes

stabbsy

Likes Dirt
Yeah, other reason to go with those in the interim is that the hayes brakes may work with some center lock rotors they almost certainly wont work with the new "ice tech" rotors, and if you are using the new xt brakes its a no brainer to pair them with these.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
There's no issue running Hayes Stokers with XT centre lock discs - I did it for years on my prophet.

Still running the same (XT) wheels now with the same XT centre lock rotors on my Yeti and they run fine with hope V2 and V4s brakes also.

I don't see why you'd have such a great system such as centre-lock and then go and whack some dodgy 6-bolt adapters on instead.

Torpedo 7 have XT centre lock rotors on sale I noticed this morning...

There's no issue running Hayes Stokers with XT centre lock discs - I did it for years on my prophet.

Still running the same (XT) wheels now with the same XT centre lock rotors on my Yeti and they run fine with hope V2 and V4s brakes also.

I don't see why you'd have such a great system such as centre-lock and then go and whack some dodgy 6-bolt adapters on instead.

Torpedo 7 have XT centre lock rotors on sale I noticed this morning...
That sounds like the best option, thanks man. Also I hope to upgrade to XT brakes soonish so this will save further costs down the track. Maybe I'm just fussy, but it's gonna feel weird having full XT group and wheels except brakes. Oh well.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
That sounds like the best option, thanks man. Also I hope to upgrade to XT brakes soonish so this will save further costs down the track. Maybe I'm just fussy, but it's gonna feel weird having full XT group and wheels except brakes. Oh well.
A lot of my mates swear by XT brakes, but I quite liked the feel of the Stokers (juts make sure you have stoker trails, not rydes which are awful).

No reason you can't have a mixed grouppo.