xt's or hayes hfx9-plz help

brodes

Likes Dirt
im looking to change the hfx9's on the 04 dh comp to shimano xt's 8 inch.
ive been told that the pads wear really quickly? is this true? Ive been told they heat up more and qickly than the hfx's? what are ur personal thoughts
any pro's or con's
any info/insight would be vvery helpful
thanx

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
XT hydros are a LOT better than hayes brakes - especially the hfx series.
XT have alot more power, modulation

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why not instead of getting OTHER people to post their opinions over and over, YOU do a search and not clog the forums?

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
chill out dude. its not the end of the world.
besides, by posting continuesly that he is posting too much, who is the one clogging the forums? ;)

Emmett

Likes Dirt
Brodes, MY XT 6 inch brakes were more powerful and had better modulation than my hayes 8 inch.
As for pad wear, i had my xt's for about 9 months and didnt need to replace the pads (riding DH about 3 sessions a week)

Sparkman

Likes Dirt
I run both on my bike. An 8" XT on the front and a HFX9 on the rear. I have no probs with the Hayes for power. They had bugger all modulation compared to the XT's though. Of course HFX9's come with down-spec pads compared to the Mags. You can just change pads of course.

I'd go XT for lever feel and look and they seem to have much better modulation. It's hard to judge tho, as one is a front brake and so needs to be way stronger than the rear brake.