XX1 cassette options

betadine

Likes Bikes
The time is coming where I'll need to replace my XX1 10-42 cassette and the Chain Reaction geo ban on SRAM is killing me so I've got a couple of questions before I pull the trigger locally.

Has anyone had any experience good or bad using cheaper cassette options on the 1 x 11 SRAM setup?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a discounted XX1 cassette?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
The time is coming where I'll need to replace my XX1 10-42 cassette and the Chain Reaction geo ban on SRAM is killing me so I've got a couple of questions before I pull the trigger locally.

Has anyone had any experience good or bad using cheaper cassette options on the 1 x 11 SRAM setup?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a discounted XX1 cassette?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All Sram 11 speed cassettes "feel" and perform pretty much the same. XX1 cassettes are horrifically overpriced, so would be a non runner for me. Fair enough if you've loads of cash and "need" the weight saving of XX1, but any of the cluster cassettes would do the job.

So either X01 or X1 (XG-1180 or XG-1195) will do the job without you even noticing any difference.

linkl8r

Likes Dirt
Cycling Deal were doing a cracking deal on X1 at around 159 or GX for 109.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep that ban on chain reaction etc not selling sram to AU customers is very annoying, I'll make sure I avoid sram on any future bike purchases ... makes me glad I've got shimano.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
yep that ban on chain reaction etc not selling sram to AU customers is very annoying, I'll make sure I avoid sram on any future bike purchases ... makes me glad I've got shimano.
Yeah,.... nah.
I'll still buy Sram spec'd bikes any day over shimano. Buy in Germany or stock up on some killer cycling deal value cassettes.

A small bit of financial pain buying more expensive components is worth the years of superior riding experience on sram.

Just my opinion of course.

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
I've been happy with my XG-1150. That was coming from an e13 TRS cassette that wore out a little quickly and I needed to replace on a budget.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hahahaha... have you seen his signature lately....
Nope but will keep an eye out.

Slightly on topic, I'm currently searching for somewhere to get an xx1 chain without getting ass raped. Don't need much else so Germans are not really an option with their standard 20 euro postage. Damn you geoblock. Auspices have gone through the roof without the competition.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Nope but will keep an eye out.

Slightly on topic, I'm currently searching for somewhere to get an xx1 chain without getting ass raped. Don't need much else so Germans are not really an option with their standard 20 euro postage. Damn you geoblock. Auspices have gone through the roof without the competition.
Plenty of KMC X11SL chains on eBay starting at about 45 bucks with free postage . Much nicer and longer lasting then SRAM chains.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Only ever run KMC single speed chains. Will check 'em out.

EDIT: Costs more than an xx1 chain at pushys !

Last edited: