XX1 vs XO1 derailluer

omac

Likes Dirt
I destroyed my 11spd XO1 at Buller... I need a new derailluer

Other than weight, whats the difference between the derailleurs, is the extra $$$ on the XX1 worth it?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
With shimano and to some degree the 10spd stuff you can see where the extra cash/performance goes. With the xx1 vs x01 I couldn't see any real difference, plus x01 is blacker.

ChopSticks

Banned
I destroyed my 11spd XO1 at Buller... I need a new derailluer

Other than weight, whats the difference between the derailleurs, is the extra $$$ on the XX1 worth it?

only weight difference.....

Only thing you should look out for now.. is to opt for the NEW type2.1 roller clutch and not the old type2.

I settled for X1 after considering $$$/weight/performance

Gripo

Eats Squid
Only thing you should look out for now.. is to opt for the NEW type2.1 roller clutch and not the old type2.
Haven't been able to find anything on the technical side drawings/pics....other than sram spiel....

Got anything Charile?

ChopSticks

Banned
Haven't been able to find anything on the technical side drawings/pics....other than sram spiel....

Got anything Charile?
nahhhhh nothing much Johno.... even the sram marketing BS doesn't say much
Obviously theres been an improvement... otherwise there wouldn't be the quiet revision, instead of the usual latest/greatest marking hoo-ha

and given the old type 2 knocking issues I had, I figured it would just be safer to go 2.1 while I was in the market for a new mech.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Ceramic bearing pulleys on the XX1 mech Matty, steel on the X01. Apart from that it's only graphics.