Yakima Holdup 2

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?284457-Yakima-Holdup-2&highlight=yakima+holdup

Already a thread on this. I have one and like it very much. Fits my 26 and 27.5 well but seats and bars can touch and I usually have to adjust saddle height accordingly.
Thanks mate. I did use the search but maybe I didnt look properly. Since you are using one, where do you put the licence plate on? And do you leave the rack on the car all the time (which is what I would do as my car is a MTB car only pretty much)?

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
I mounted the plate using 2 of the screws as seen here. Put a little bend in the plate but I don't care.
View attachment 308074

I don't leave it on the car. I live within a 15 minute pedal to the good stuff so it's really for distant trails/road tripping or when the wife comes riding and doesn't want to scoot through traffic on her bike.

Keep in mind that driving with the rack sans bike is taboo in NSW. And folding it up blocks tail lights pretty good. Also, If you're into night rides, consider getting lights or a rack with them built in.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
i'm looking to buy one of these in the next couple of weeks. anyone know a good dealer in Sydney?

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
I mounted the plate using 2 of the screws as seen here. Put a little bend in the plate but I don't care.
View attachment 308074
Keep in mind that driving with the rack sans bike is taboo in NSW. And folding it up blocks tail lights pretty good. Also, If you're into night rides, consider getting lights or a rack with them built in.
Thanks again. A cop doesnt give a shit about this stupid law as long as your number plate and your lights are still visible. Wether you need extra lights depends on your car and where the lights are. With mine the rack wouldnt even come close to be in the way of them. But good input for anyone else, so thanks.

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
View attachment 308074

Checked the law and thats actually not true. You should either remove or re-position it when not in use. In case of the holdup that would mean to fold it up. Seeing that its also not wide at all I dont see any reason why you should get fined.