Yarra Trail newbie

Gossamer

Squid
G'day folks i got sent to this site when i was looking to buy a mountain bike. Ive been lurking for a couple of weeks so i thought id better say hi. I have a road bike and wanted to mix up my riding a bit so i now have a Trek 9.9 elite hardtail thanks to a mate. i don't live far from Koonunga trail so i will be having a look around their and right along the Yarra Trail. Once i have some confidence up i might venture further.
IMG_2003.JPG

Last edited:

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Welcome buddy. Sweet ride! We should go out sometime. Preferably before you get confident and can outride me.

Gossamer

Squid
Thanks
Just had my first face plant in around the Hans loop area, i say area because i had no idea where i was suppose to be going????? it seemed like i was on the track for a while but then i managed to be back tracking???
Is their a section in the forum on bike setup? The guy i got the bike off is taller then me and i lowered the seat to suit but their seems to be way too much weight over the handlebars and as soon as i point down hill i feel like im going over the bars.

Gossamer

Squid
Thanks Chewbacca i'll keep your number handy but probably wont do much untill the new year.
The forks have got a lockout lever on the handle bars when do i use that??

chewbacca450

Likes Bikes
Pretty much on the road/paths only. It helps with pedal bob and is more efficient. Especially while standing and pedalling.

Gossamer

Squid
I've got today off and will ride later if u want
Today i've already done 30ks on the road bike and 17ks on the mountain bike so my legs wont move atm, but am up for a ride during the day (between 9 and 3) most days.
here is my part of my strava map of today's mountain bike ride if anybody can make sense of it then they are better than me :eek:hwell:
strava map.jpg