Yarra Trails regulars

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Quick smash of the local climbs and a lap of Hans.

2 words: "Hero Traction".... And I still managed to wipe out... :D
I'm im out there right now J and it's goldilocks track at the moment. Pisser of an evening too. Bonus. GSB 1 & 2 are crash and die fast.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm im out there right now J and it's goldilocks track at the moment. Pisser of an evening too. Bonus. GSB 1 & 2 are crash and die fast.
B***rd!! I had to get back to the grind of work. "Self employed" they said, "freedom and flexible hours" they said!!!!

rode youies last night under lights- amazing out there on your own - not counting the wallabies
That would've been absolute magic, even though I'd be shit scared to ride Trav's in the dark mate...

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Rode out from Abbotsford to the paddock and back last night. Only a couple of puddles on the singletrack up near the freeway. Right now the trails are in really good condition. Moist but grippy (herodirt even!)

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Good to hear you're getting out there & enjoying it.
yeah mate it felt great after such a long period. Going to try and mix it up a bit more and set up the Pivot abit more heavy duty with dropper post, short stem and wider bars.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
That would've been absolute magic, even though I'd be shit scared to ride Trav's in the dark mate...
It is really different out there in the dark. I was under lights from the carpark up to stockyards and over to the ranger station. Nothing really technical except a few rock gardens. Found I keep the speed up- didnt back off which really intensifed the senses- I could hear the tyres loosing traction in corners. It was fun

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is really different out there in the dark. I was under lights from the carpark up to stockyards and over to the ranger station. Nothing really technical except a few rock gardens. Found I keep the speed up- didnt back off which really intensifed the senses- I could hear the tyres loosing traction in corners. It was fun
I completely agree with this. I think I ride better at night as I just focus on the trail. Nothing else distracts me or puts me off. I realty feel myself putting in, almost tunnel vision. Of course as a result I've also had some massive offs at night but meh, such is life.

On the flip side PB and I have done a few night rides and they are fantastic for just talking crap (no offence there PB).

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess if there's a positive to riding in winter it would have to be the zen-like flow that sometimes happens on the ST during night rides.

I wonder how amazing the trail at Smiths would with lights.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Rode from around the boulie tonight and noticed about 5-6 logs placed over the trails above the boulie after royal talbot. They were deliberately placed some were jumpable and no problem in the light but in the dark they would have been a problem if you weren't expecting them. I moved them all. With tacs being placed on the road nearby people should keep an eye out

space_ghost

Likes Bikes
Rode from around the boulie tonight and noticed about 5-6 logs placed over the trails above the boulie after royal talbot. They were deliberately placed some were jumpable and no problem in the light but in the dark they would have been a problem if you weren't expecting them. I moved them all. With tacs being placed on the road nearby people should keep an eye out
We might soon have some closure on the tacks:
CV-and-RISQ-Group-join-forces-to-tackle-Boulietacks

Big AC

Likes Dirt
I don’t think that I ran over ay tacks; however, I did manage to puncture a rear tyre today climbing up the ST on the hill where the Talbot rehab is located. Thankfully the Stan’s did its job and I managed to get home. Damn RaRa I’ve only had it on for a couple of months.

Trails are fine, a few puddles in the normal spots. There are a quiet few wash out tyre marks on the freeway section where people have lost it and slid down off the trail.

Is the top ¾ of monument climb less rocky then it used to be?

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
these have been appearing for years now, probably some miserable old bastard - I usually move them on a monday night, good exercise and I like the challenge of seeing how far I can throw them. like riding any single track it pays to do a sweep before you put the hammer down.

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
I actually caught a guy doing it above the children's farm one afternoon. I explained to him pointedly that I thought he was making a mistake. I'm 6" 6'. He understood my point.

I wish I could catch them more often. It's a little scary at night running into one. During the day not do bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big JD

Wheel size expert
rode Lysterfield on Sunday- it was fun. We are very lucky here in Melbourne I reckon to have so many legal options.

Good to see Charlie too- he is a good egg.

Need a dropper post to go with my 785mm bars, short stem, Urge enduro helmet and new found youthfulness

Beej1

I actually caught a guy doing it above the children's farm one afternoon.
Do you mean the precarious singletrack on the other side of the river? Long shot but I reckon I know the guy you're talking about. He always tends to get up in the face of whoever is the shortest/smallest in whatever group I've been riding with whenever we've crossed paths. He's always so angry about encountering us - granted that section does seem to be the final one with 'no bikes' labels at either end (though both gone last time I rode). Whenever I've gotten off to walk back and intervene what always ends up being a one-way hostile interaction, he sees me coming and hurries off. I don't want to fight him, I want a genuine conversation to find out why he's so angry. I always, always stop riding and move to the side of the trail whenever I encounter walkers along the precarious sections of this trail. So does whoever I'm riding with. But this guy just get's so aggro. I'd love to know why.