Yarra Trails regulars

Big JD

Wheel size expert
it was beautiful out there last night. The trails are great, not a snake in sight. it would have been almost romantic - sun setting, simmering on the river, light dashing through the trees and birds singing their evening songs.................................... thankfully I was on my own and had no one to share these moments with.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes know what you mean, my legs were too stuffed from a weekend run to go for a longer ride, tonight will be just as nice as well. has been a while since my bike has had dust all over the frame.

I went for Cup Day dash yesterday around Kew and after years of never seeing anything really dodgy hit pay dirt in the ST opposite the monument climb. When riding along the road saw an odd looking guy walk into the ST in the middle of the road loop. After doing monument climb I crossed into the ST only to come across him and some other guy completely naked....... at the same time I got a flat rear tyre......... I kept going.......... shaking head.......... So there you have it, 3pm Cup Day, not really what I was expecting.

Don't know why I'm typing this, I think it might be therapy............
Bwahaha. I feel vindicated! Area gets some crazy sexual activity happening & not exclusive to just gay men either. Draws ALL types & all types of weird shit.

If the poor trees could talk...

Dafatkid

Likes Bikes
Direction help.

I am wondering where is the best spot to hop on the trails, closest to the City?

I am coming from the Western suburbs.

Cheers

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
day started out wet so we thought it's a bike path ride, but by 9:00 am, sun was out, trails dry, go .... all the way to westerfolds take in the crazy loops - and back, 50+ks all up, the YTs are just the best place to ride!

I am wondering where is the best spot to hop on the trails, closest to the City?

I am coming from the Western suburbs.

Cheers
Westgate Trail (Beware of tiger snakes) and Maribrynong Trail

Does anyone ride on Yarra trail during week days?

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yarra city end ride

I will be doing the regular Tuesday evening ride from the city

Meet Burrang Marr (?) below Fed SQ at 5:45 and park side of Gipps street bridge around 6:05.

Please dont leave me on my own again - its lonely out there

Big JD

Wheel size expert
no one showed up - again

I will be doing the regular Tuesday evening ride from the city

Meet Burrang Marr (?) below Fed SQ at 5:45 and park side of Gipps street bridge around 6:05.

Please dont leave me on my own again - its lonely out there
what were you all home cooking pop corn and watch the X Factor final - p*ssies the lot of you.

jimspr

Likes Bikes
Paddock (Strava Segment)

A big thankyou to the track Faires for their work in the paddock. Much appreciated!
When are you going to finish the rest?:bounce:

Also, yesterday I found two blue tounges and a piece of striped rope coiled up left on Hans loop. Very Funny!!

Ten minutes latter a Kangroo in the middle of the track. He panicked as much as I and lept of the fence.

Oh and a magpie attack on the way home.
One of the best rides I have had down on the Yarra for months!

Attachments

crim 87

Likes Dirt
A big thankyou to the track Faires for their work in the paddock. Much appreciated!
When are you going to finish the rest?:bounce:

Also, yesterday I found two blue tounges and a piece of striped rope coiled up left on Hans loop. Very Funny!!

Ten minutes latter a Kangroo in the middle of the track. He panicked as much as I and lept of the fence.

Oh and a magpie attack on the way home.
One of the best rides I have had down on the Yarra for months!

that looks awsome def keen to get out there , but have got no clue where to start never been there before any good recommendations on loops ??

jimspr

Likes Bikes
that looks awsome def keen to get out there , but have got no clue where to start never been there before any good recommendations on loops ??
That was the best bit. But I'm sure it's on the mend.

This is from the ride I mentioned from yesterday.
http://app.strava.com/activities/28751323

It's not great but local. Mixture of bike tracks and single tracks.
Also have a look at the Yarra trails club on Strava to see where others ride.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Forest this weekend

Heading to Forest for the weekend - if anyone is heading that way - PM me so I dont have to send the entire time alone and talking to myself. Staying at the Guest House.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
some secret training hey? I won't be going down to December sometime for a training run, would be a great weekend for it I reckon.