Yarra Trails regulars

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What a great ride last night, and how many people out !

And now the rains come........
And didn't it! Will make for good riding on the weekend if it can soak in. Looking forward to it already. The trails are in great nick so it would be good to have a few weeks before they become a mudfest. Particularly around the dodgy bits in Heidleburg.

Anyone heading out over Easter?

vls666

Likes Bikes
And didn't it! Will make for good riding on the weekend if it can soak in. Looking forward to it already. The trails are in great nick so it would be good to have a few weeks before they become a mudfest. Particularly around the dodgy bits in Heidleburg.

Anyone heading out over Easter?

Yep i'll be out Friday probably just before lunch

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Yep, Monday morning I'll be taking my kid on a training session 2hr 30 min training session (read fun on dirt with mtb) for his 9th Birthday.

Plan is to start at Fitz Lane canoe boathouse and ride back to Fairfield boathouse on the trails.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's a good ride for 9yo. Should have a blast.

Sat or Sun morning ride for me. Pondering a ride past Hans and then over to the powerlines and beyond. It's plan anyway :lol:

JESSKA

Likes Bikes
A sobering thought- even a juvie (@150cm) has enough venom (should it get lucky and actually land a bit) to kill an adult human. An adult Tiger (or black) has enough sense to only strike and use that energy expensive to produce venom to defend if cornered or to protect young.

Browns (the second most venomous snake in Australia) on the other hand are like a drug crazed teenager. Strike on principle, on reckless instinct and with gay abandon.
Which has me thinking... how do Big JD's fellow village people frolic around in the bushes without getting bitten?
Are they wearing Gaiters or something?

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Snakes are pretty smart creatures. They know what to stay clear of.............

It's a damn good question though. I often think that myself when riding through that area, particularly as I've seen Tigers (snakes, not tiger mums) around there.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Which has me thinking... how do Big JD's fellow village people frolic around in the bushes without getting bitten?
Are they wearing Gaiters or something?
they have no idea Jess and frolick in their with gay abandon

I often tell them I just saw a tiger snake and to be careful

moorey

call me Mia
Do you tools have a regular group ride, or mainly just random shite?
I'm keen to come mock more of you guys in the flesh.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Do you tools have a regular group ride, or mainly just random shite?
I'm keen to come mock more of you guys in the flesh.
oh no we dont do stuff together....................... this way it is like speed dating without the attachment or intimacy. Imagine if we met and actually like each other and had lots in common.

There was talk of a gathering next weekend on the Yarra trails. I would organise something but no one would turn up - perhaps we could have a welcome Moorey to the big smoke event.

bardles

Likes Dirt
I'm contemplating leaving Heidelberg (Warringal Park) to ride Hans loop maybe 230-300ish this arvo. Depends how much of my paper gets written. Anyone keen?

moorey

call me Mia
oh no we dont do stuff together....................... this way it is like speed dating without the attachment or intimacy. Imagine if we met and actually like each other and had lots in common.

There was talk of a gathering next weekend on the Yarra trails. I would organise something but no one would turn up - perhaps we could have a welcome Moorey to the big smoke event.
Keep me posted. Wife's work has to be factored in. Sat or sun arvo/eve might be possible.
Damo (kingshill) might even come, so you can hang major shit on him... Or just leave 10 min early to piss him off.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Keep me posted. Wife's work has to be factored in. Sat or sun arvo/eve might be possible.
Damo (kingshill) might even come, so you can hang major shit on him... Or just leave 10 min early to piss him off.
Damo seems like a good bloke.

Lets aim for next Saturday -time to be confirmed:rain:

gotta say muddy as in my bike is filthy, i would like point out people seem to be riding around the puddles don't damage the track dudes! Yarra Valley River hugger had groups of dudes with ballons :noidea: looking suspicious.