Yay i made the cut

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apart from MTB and MX(oh and beer) my next favourite pass time is my fish tank. I keep African Cichlids and have 2 tanks, one is 450litres and the other about 80L for the babies.
Anyway, a few months back i joined a site much like this but for Cichlids. They run a photo comp every month with no prize. So i have been submitting my pics(do you know how hard it is to get a good shot of a fish in a tank ? fuck me.....) but so far have gone no good. Well this month, of the hundred or so entries my pic got picked in the top 20 to enter the comp.
Just thought i'd share, although i know my fish won't win, i'm very happy about this.

So what are your other hobbies if any ??

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Gutty don't take this the wrong way as I'm genuinley interested, why fish? I've got a mate who is also into aquariums and the like and I've never understood the appeal. I suppose it's not that much different than gardening but that's also something I don't see the fun in.

As far as my hobbies go, I'm a geek through and through so electronics, computer programming, way too much web surfing and anything else technology related is how I spend my non-riding free time. I also used to do a fair bit of hiking, camping and other outdoors type stuff.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Basiclly for the past 4 years i lived in a top floor unit so no dogs or anything like that allowed. My bro had been off work injured (2.5years total) and i was pretty much supporting him, when my birthday came around he wanted to surprise me so he bought me a fish tank(i was VERY surprised) so i set it up, got some fish etc. It didn't take long for me to realise that sitting having a beer and watching my fish swim around is one of the most relaxing things i've ever found. I run a big part of my family bussiness and it can get quite stressful some days. On those days it's often half an hour in front of my tank that saves me from a breakdown(not really but you get the idea).
A coupla years on and i wouldn't be without em, though my next tank is gonna be Oz natives like Barramundi.......nice and aggressive.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
with time divided between 2 siberian huskies, 3 rats, a GF, paintball and gaming, it's surprising i have time for the main hobbies i enjoy, MTB's and road motos. i need more than 24 hours in a day....

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats a really good picture Gutty. I have a couple of friends who have just got into the fish scene....and boy has it taken over their lives..addictive stuff! I went over to their place one night and all we did was look at the fish tank (for 2 hours). Was interesting :)

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whoa fluro! is that natural? or is something done to the fish to make it so bright?

Konaman

Likes Dirt
That fish looks hella cool, is there light shining on it or is always like that? If you got that photo except maybe in a more interesting part of the fish tank like a better background maybe that would make it look better. Nice work

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
Nice pic Gutty!
Yeah my brother got into fish when he was younger, completely consumed him. He's moved around alot over the past few years but I know he's dying to setup another tank.
I never got into them , but I can see the attraction.

other hobbies for me - surfing, snowboarding and keeping my 2 black labs out of the pantry!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
MADCORE!! pic there gutty... i never really saw the appeal of keeping fish, but i can see where ur coming from.. even watchin fishcam on sbs can be kinda relaxing.
other hobbies for me. moties (only got a AG bike left now, altho its highly entertaining) windsurfing, sailiing, skiing and stuffing round with engines

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Just a few questions Gutty.........

Why is it sooo hard to get a pic of a fish?? I do believe you but why??

What do they look for in a pic when judging?? Is it a specific fish type or all upto how you take the photo??

Cool As!!

And as for hobbies, I do a lot of music (instrumental), internet surfing, chilling and of course riding..........

Adi

It's my birthday!
Nice fish Gutty, I wanna set up my own tank sometime in the future too. Got any photos of your whole tank?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
yeh i walked into a pet stop (while waiting for my bike to get serviced) and i found myself just standing there for AGES looking at these fishes. they are so interesting to look at.
i asked the girl how much would it cost to get a couple of tropical fish, a tank and everything i need and the cost came to like $250!!!! so i was like "nah i'll just buy something for the bike"

Great fish dude, i love the photo, best of luck

other hobbies - counterstrike (shame shame shame), day of defeat (shame shame shame), riding, music and i love a good kip

G

kip?

nice fish gutty

Ques under the sea music. UNDER THE SEA!! UNDER THE SEA THERLL BE NO ACCUSATIONS JUST FRIENDLY CRUSTATIONS UNDER THE SEA!

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
everyones seen deuce biggalo, male giggalo right??

those fish and tank are MAAAD!!!!!