Yet another newb.

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
G'day guys, I've been lurking around this site for a little while now, just learning some new things and gathering some ideas. Anyway I thought it's about time I introduced myself.

My name is Mitch. I have been riding mt bikes for about 9 months. My current steed is an '09 Norco Manik and I am currently looking for a dual susp bike to join it. I ride/build primarily at Geurie, although I am more interested in DH/FR the trails we are building are more like single track at the moment, however there are jumps, drops, berms and rock gardens that will get bigger with time. I also ride the trails at Wellington when I can. Another interest of mine is motorcycles, I really love track days, my current bikes are a Triumph Daytona 675 and a Suzuki GSXR1000.

That's about all I can think of for now, I hope to stick around and learn a few things and hopefully become a useful contributor around here :).

aussieidiot

Likes Bikes
Hey dude.

so..... a gixer hey.......

I had a '96 Gixer 750T until I traded it for an '03 Fireblade. I was recently forced to sell that. Now I'm getting ready for a new Gixer 750 or maybe a Harley Nightrod.

Nothing personal but I have a pure hatred for the Daytona.

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
Yeah, a gixxer. I bought it for the track. When I was shopping for a track bike I was just after something I could thrash and not worry about. But that is not what happened. I purchased the bike sight unseen with some trepidation, however I was extremely fortunate enough to find that the bike is a heavily modified, thoughtfully put together, simply stunning bit of gear :). Every time I look at it I notice some small detail that could easily be overlooked such as the bolt heads all facing the same way, I kid you not. It is fantastic fun to ride, the acceleration is relentless :D. I would be pretty upset if I crash it to say the least.

I am your polar opposite when it comes to the Daytona. I have ridden a lot of bikes, not everything, but a lot. Bikes ranging from the cbr125 to the Duc 1098, Aprilia sxv550 (tons of fun), CBR100rr, TL1000s, twins, triples, singles, I4's, V4's and the Daytona is the greatest bike I have ridden. Simply put. It is a fantastic bike that I will likely never sell. It just does eveything right.
Oh, I am faster around Eastern Creek on the Trumpy with road tyres (Diablo Corsa III's) than I am on the majorly modded GSXR with slicks (Pirelli dragons):p;).

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
Well that's a good reason to despise the sight of them, don't need that reminder. It sounds like they deserve each other anyway.

If we ever meet up I'll remember not to arrive on the Trumpet.