Yet another "Which BMX" thread.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, here goes.

After being tempted for almost a year i've finally decided to go to the dark side and buy my first BMX. Now i have absolutey NFI about bmx's so i'm gunna need a fair bit of help.

Im after a decent quality i.e. something that will last a couple years with minimal upgrades to suit a total noob rider. I dont want to get a crap low end rig that i will have to replace cranks or wheels or bars or forks because im pretty povo. My price range is limited to $650.

I'll be using the bike for pretty much everything from park and street to a bit of dirt if we get our trails up and running again, so dont suggest a fit flow street or any brakeless specific bikes...

Oh and i did a search, but couldn't find what i was after...
Cheers n' beers

EDIT: thought i would add some new info.

I'm all for buying 2nd hand providing the bike is in reasonable condition. Is there anything i should be looking for when shopping for a new or used bmx that might cost me down the track? What brands should i steer clear of? Is there an Australian bmx forum with a for sale section like ours on farkin?

Last edited:
i would say, save up some more money, and buy a decent complete.
because when you spend around that much money, you cant expect anything amazing that will last you a long time.
forking out that extra bit will pay off over time, because for the sort of money your willing to pay, you will be getting just above the lower end of complete bikes.

pryaz

Likes Dirt
Go for:
Fit, Eastern, Wethepeople, Colony or forgotten.

You have the:
Eastern Element for $680 or so
Fit AM for $500 or so
Fit pro park for $650 or so
Fit pro trail for $630 or so

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would say, save up some more money, and buy a decent complete.
because when you spend around that much money, you cant expect anything amazing that will last you a long time.
forking out that extra bit will pay off over time, because for the sort of money your willing to pay, you will be getting just above the lower end of complete bikes.
Which is exactly why i said im open to 2nd hand.