STOLEN YETI SB-66C 2013 Medium

Seb511

Squid
Hey Everybody,

Stolen from Kensington, NSW on the 15/2/15 - 16/2/15

On the 16th of February i left for work and hopped into my van to discover my pride and joy was gone. I'm just asking the Sydney mountain bike community to keep an eye out for it, whether in the classifieds, ebay, pawn shops, etc. The bike was stolen in a quiet street in Kensington. If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of my Yeti, please contact Steve on 0413416349.

The specs on the bike are as follows:

Frame: Medium (Matt Black frame w/ turquoise graphics)
Forks: Fox Float 160 CTD
Shock: Fox Float CTD
Drivetrain: SRAM XX1
Wheels: Stans' Arch 26"
Bars/Stem : Thomson
Seatpost: Thomson
Pedals: Jet Black flat pedals - red anodised
Grips: Troy Lee Designs - black

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Also will be on the lookout. Its gotta go to a serious mtber so will keep my eyes open at the usual spots!

Any other sb66 carbon owners. Be prepared to be stopped on the trails by me asking about where you got it etc lol.

Seb511

Squid
Also will be on the lookout. Its gotta go to a serious mtber so will keep my eyes open at the usual spots!

Any other sb66 carbon owners. Be prepared to be stopped on the trails by me asking about where you got it etc lol.
Cheers. Yeah my thoughts exactly. Its not the type of bike the thieves can offload for cheap and not draw attention.

Seb511

Squid
Update: the police have looked over my van and have found a few fingerprints at the point of entry. Still waiting on the results. Hopefully leads me to my bike.

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Update: the police have looked over my van and have found a few fingerprints at the point of entry. Still waiting on the results. Hopefully leads me to my bike.
Sweet!

Yeah check Joe Fr@nks Facebook page / buy sell on fb, we found two of my friends bikes on there! St leonards taken from underground apartment locked cage...

Seb511

Squid
Sweet!

Yeah check Joe Fr@nks Facebook page / buy sell on fb, we found two of my friends bikes on there! St leonards taken from underground apartment locked cage...
Cool. Do you have an exact link to that page? can't seem to find the right one.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To the OP that sucks your bike was stolen, I hate people that steal stuff!

Is it worth posting a 'wanted' for sale thread on Gumtree in an attempt to weed out the thief? Might be worth a shot!

nosliw

Squid
Ouch all the best with the search and I'll keep an eye out. I'm still checking trading sites daily for my Yeti stolen a few months ago.

Luco

Likes Dirt
I think I heard on the news today that some guy was busted with over $80k of stolen mtb's in his home in sans souci and a firearm or something....

Yep, 10 bikes of up $8k in value each..... Well let's hope these bikes go back to their owners, and OP has luck with his!

nosliw

Squid
Yeah I've been trying to get in touch with the officer in charge to get a description of the bikes. Will keep everyone posted.

Seb511

Squid
Yes i heard about that bust when i went into my local bike shop a couple of days ago to check if they had anyone in their trying to sell them a bike. The guy they busted was from San Souci. Hopefully, it will lead to me getting my bike back. Haven't heard from the police yet, but they got a match for the fingerprints on my van. I'll give them a call today.

nosliw

Squid
Yes i heard about that bust when i went into my local bike shop a couple of days ago to check if they had anyone in their trying to sell them a bike. The guy they busted was from San Souci. Hopefully, it will lead to me getting my bike back. Haven't heard from the police yet, but they got a match for the fingerprints on my van. I'll give them a call today.
Awesome at least you had some fingerprints! Hopefully they find the thief and more importantly, your bike!

Regarding the San Souci bust, police are getting 100s of calls about it and in the process of trying to correlate stolen bikes to the bikes found. I was told a lot of them had the frames had the serials scratched off.

Give the St George LAC a call and ask to be transferred to the Proactive crime team. You can then give them details of your bike and Event number from the original police report.