Yeti sb75

Hey guys, im 13 and am looking at buying my first dually, i ride alot of light downhill and single tracks around ballarat victoria. I have been offered a yeti sb75 2014 for 2k. I was wondering if any has had experience with this bike? Would you reccomend it for my riding style? I would not race very much, and wouldnt do too many trips out of ballarat. Cheers Dallas

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hey guys, im 13 and am looking at buying my first dually, i ride alot of light downhill and single tracks around ballarat victoria. I have been offered a yeti sb75 2014 for 2k. I was wondering if any has had experience with this bike? Would you reccomend it for my riding style? I would not race very much, and wouldnt do too many trips out of ballarat. Cheers Dallas
I call bulldust on the 13 yo lie. Grammar and spelling are far to good.

As for the bike, price looks good for a bike that was $7k two model years ago. It's not a bad all-rounder, however it's 120mm rear travel may come up short on the downhill, especially once you get a bit older. And alu Yetis have a history of cracking chainstays, if it's second hand, I'd be a bit wary, and get it checked by a reputable bike mechanic. If new, there's always warranty, but as seen before, don't expect a carbon replacement.

Good luck knackers.

PS. If I had $2k to burn at 13, it would have gone on coke and hookers.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Hey mate. Good to see you on here. Like ^ said, older SB's were bad crackers, but I think that's been pretty sorted as far as I know. Do you know if Tom bought new, and can help with warranty if worst comes to worst?
My 2c, as I've mentioned, if you're doing mainly trail, but occasional light DH, it's probably a good option. If you plan to do a lot more DH, I'd look at a bit more travel and a burlier bike.
I know your hard tail has handled a bit of light DH, but that doesn't mean a duallie not designed for it will fare as well.
Don't rush in. Use the 222 for the moment, and keep looking around. The SB sounds like a bargain, but it's only a good option if it's going to do the job.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Hey guys, I'm 13 and am looking at buying my first dually. I ride a lot of light downhill and single tracks around Ballarat, Victoria. I have been offered a Yeti SB75 2014 for 2k. I was wondering if anybody has had experience with this bike? Would you recommend it for my riding style? I would not race very much, and wouldn't do too many trips out of Ballarat. Cheers, Dallas.
I call bulldust on the 13 yo lie. Grammar and spelling are far too good.
I dunno man, I picked up a few errors in there!

But I'm going to have to say, +1 on 120mm being too short for downhill... even light downhill.
It's probably too little, even for many AM tracks, unless you like it overly rough. But, I guess more travel will only allow you to ride at a greater pace with more comfort and less risk of being jolted around.

But who knows, at 13, our views on what 'downhill' is may differ greatly. It also may not.

It'd be a great bike for XC/Trail/#Endubro style riding, though.

Do you have any video of tracks you tend to ride often?
What are you using for these tracks now?

Hey, thankyou for the advice, i will link videos of the few tracks, tom raced 'open cut' kob downhill round 1, that track would be the gnarliest track i would ride in ballarat, and i ride it on a 100mm hardtail dirt jump bike at the moment, i have been offered a ride before i buy, so ill see how it goes, but ill make sure it is in full working order and will do a full inspection of the bike. It comes with a brand new never ridden on sram x9 2x10 drivetrain, and sram s1400 cranks.

http://youtu.be/uDnPi5Za-mw Link to 'open cut' downhill track
http://youtu.be/UOC0sKo3Ixs Link to 'deep lead' downhill track
http://youtu.be/zIxhvMqU8a8 Link to 'alluvial' downhill track

Tom has also raced maldon and you yangs enduro race on it.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I think those videos have convinced me I need to check out Ballarat's DH trails!

They look pretty smooth for the most part, even saw a Trance X 29er in the first video... who knows, maybe the Yeti would be alright if you're not pinning it at WC speeds, haha.

I think those videos have convinced me I need to check out Ballarat's DH trails!

They look pretty smooth for the most part, even saw a Trance X 29er in the first video... who knows, maybe the Yeti would be alright if you're not pinning it at WC speeds, haha.
I doubt i will make it anywhere near wc speeds, im a pretty light rider and just cruise around.

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
Nice vids Dallas. Will have to get over there to go riding with you at some point.

When I win the $60 million lotto jackpot next week, I'll buy you 2 bikes ;-)