You laugh you lose

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Both my old man and my stepdad work on Subsea 7 (also known as S-Club 7) boats. I've told them that this is what they have to beat!

[video=youtube;EGheV059UBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGheV059UBA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Matt H

Eats Squid
Hahahaha that is amazing. It reminds me of a friend of mine who used to work in customer support at a large telecom provider. He had a customer call up and ask for his name to be changed on his account, because of some small typo or something. He opened up the account, corrected the mistake and end of story - or so he thought. He was called into the manager's office a few weeks later... It turns he left the customer's account open while he went to the toilet, and a coworker changed the name again.

It turns out some poor bastard received a phone bill addressed to "Cock Nuggets" and promptly went furious. They both lost their jobs.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Hahahaha that is amazing. It reminds me of a friend of mine who used to work in customer support at a large telecom provider. He had a customer call up and ask for his name to be changed on his account, because of some small typo or something. He opened up the account, corrected the mistake and end of story - or so he thought. He was called into the manager's office a few weeks later... It turns he left the customer's account open while he went to the toilet, and a coworker changed the name again.

It turns out some poor bastard received a phone bill addressed to "Cock Nuggets" and promptly went furious. They both lost their jobs.
When I worked at the bank there were a few regular customers with great names.
One of them was E Ting Poo, and that's how he would state his name everytime he did the ID check too.

"Name please sir"?
"Eeeee, Ting Poooooo"

He was very Asian and had a lot of trouble with his poor English skills. Poor bugger got laughed at every time he called. I felt a bit bad for Mr Poo.

I used to love baiting customers though.
One client used to call up once a week and complain that the font on our website was too small. He'd ask to talk to the Manager and CEO about it. For two years he'd call up.
Every Friday, 3 oclock, the call would come in "I want to lodge an official complaint" "Is that you Mr Dennis"?
In the end I told him the best thing to do was get the most powerful magnet he could find. Pull apart some old speakers if he had to and leave them on the monitor overnight. That 'Magnifies' the pixels and will solve your problems.
He tried it and called back a few days later to advise that it didn't seem to do anything, so I told him to go down to Harvey Norman and buy a bigger font for his computer.
Never called back after that.

(I know you are all thinking 'What an asshole thing to do" but believe me, we tried to tell him how to ctrl+ the screen, we offered him solutions to view the screen bigger using the features of his browswer and he didn't want a bar of it. He wanted the website re-designed from the ground up and wasn't going to settle for anything less because 'Other users must be having the same problem').
He was an ass.
He also wanted us to design an alternate black and white website so that he didn;t have to waste all his precious colour ink when he printed his statements.

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
(I know you are all thinking 'What an asshole thing to do" but believe me, we tried to tell him how to ctrl+ the screen, we offered him solutions to view the screen bigger using the features of his browswer and he didn't want a bar of it. He wanted the website re-designed from the ground up and wasn't going to settle for anything less because 'Other users must be having the same problem').
He was an ass.
He also wanted us to design an alternate black and white website so that he didn;t have to waste all his precious colour ink when he printed his statements.
It never ceases to amaze me how, the more stupid and ignorant people are, the more they expect the world to bend over backwards to accommodate their stupidity and ignorance.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
It never ceases to amaze me how, the more stupid and ignorant people are, the more they expect the world to bend over backwards to accommodate their stupidity and ignorance.
And as a side note, the only reason that he used to print his own statements is because when we used to send him them he used to ring up and comlain that he (and his wife) didn't like the smell of the ink we used.
He would be having a whinge about it and you'd hear his wife hollering in the background "Don't forget to tell the man that the ink smell gives me a headache and puts me off my food"!

It was putting up with this for months that led us to teach him how to print his own statements, hence then came the font complaints, and then the colour ink wastage compaints haha.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
One client used to call up once a week and complain that the font on our website was too small. He'd ask to talk to the Manager and CEO about it. For two years he'd call up.
Every Friday, 3 oclock, the call would come in "I want to lodge an official complaint" "Is that you Mr Dennis"?
In the end I told him the best thing to do was get the most powerful magnet he could find. Pull apart some old speakers if he had to and leave them on the monitor overnight. That 'Magnifies' the pixels and will solve your problems.
He tried it and called back a few days later to advise that it didn't seem to do anything, so I told him to go down to Harvey Norman and buy a bigger font for his computer.
Never called back after that.

He was an ass.
this is why i dont deal well with people. i'd "suggest" he "deposits" himself into the "bank" of the indian ocean.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I understand completely Harmonix. I worked in retail for years and it never ceased to amaze me how stupid some people are.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I understand completely Harmonix. I worked in retail for years and it never ceased to amaze me how stupid some people are.
Oh, do tell!
I love a good retailtard story or two.

I must say though, I too have been a retailtard.

When I was green to the whole bike thing I used to take my bike to the bike shop to get them to put my new tyres on for me.
And I would say things like "Don't forget to pump it up to the pressure written on the side of the tyre" and stuff like that.
What a noob.

I once (years ago in a galaxy far away) corrected the shop mech when he called it a steerer tube and I told him "Don't you mean goosenck".... Oh dear...

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
not sure if posted before...

[video=youtube;J3Nn5tZa488]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Nn5tZa488[/video]

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;8vgpWyAcqO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vgpWyAcqO4&list=PLFEE651C298476F00[/video]