You laugh you lose

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wouldn't have the leg strength to stop it or start it.
Also, breathing and existing might be a problem in the vacuum of space, let alone at light speed.
Aint nothing but a star going to stop that mofo if it somehow got going ;)

PJO

in me vL comy
Also, breathing and existing might be a problem in the vacuum of space, let alone at light speed.
Aint nothing but a star going to stop that mofo if it somehow got going ;)
I meant it seriously. The gear ratio and the friction are so high that you couldn't ride the bike. Standing on the cranks would have zero effect.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
I meant it seriously. The gear ratio and the friction are so high that you couldn't ride the bike. Standing on the cranks would have zero effect.
How about oiling the chain(s) on the workstand!
Get the cranks spinning a little and the rear tyre would disintegrate into a real fission event

PJO

in me vL comy
How about oiling the chain(s) on the workstand!
Get the cranks spinning a little and the rear tyre would disintegrate into a real fission event
I love it as a great thought experiment but there is no way you would be able to move the cranks even if it was in a bike stand, not even @pink poodle with his tree trunk thighs.
I'm not going to count all the teeth but each gear looks like it is going from 50 to 11 teeth (about 4.5 multiplication). There are 12 sets so to turn the cranks once the rear wheel will need to spin 4.5^12 = 4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5 ~ 69 million times.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I love it as a great thought experiment but there is no way you would be able to move the cranks even if it was in a bike stand, not even @pink poodle with his tree trunk thighs.
I'm not going to count all the teeth but each gear looks like it is going from 50 to 11 teeth (about 4.5 multiplication). There are 12 sets so to turn the cranks once the rear wheel will need to spin 4.5^12 = 4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5x4.5 ~ 69 million times.
I'd like to see it in reverse as reduction gearing - 69 million crank cycles for one revolution of the rear wheel. Maintaining balance might be a problem though.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I run 50/13 on my commuters and can cofirm that it can be hard to push from a start (especially in Sydney where around every corner is another hill) but multiply that by 12...no chance.