You Yangs Nipple Cam

nskz

Likes Dirt
Nipple cam represent haha!. Sweet vids dude. Question: do you run the camera inverted in the harness? This obviously produces and upside down video which you have to flip in Sony Vegas (or similar) but it's the only way I could get enough tilt up. Apparently there is a firmware to be released which will enable the 'hardware flipped' option so you won't have to post process the video.

I also noticed you had some contourHD footage on YT, how do you rate it vs the gopro? I think the obvious advantage with the GP is the chest mount, it's just so much more immersive for DH video it's not even funny.

Lukez0r

Likes Dirt
Nipple cam represent haha!. Sweet vids dude. Question: do you run the camera inverted in the harness? This obviously produces and upside down video which you have to flip in Sony Vegas (or similar) but it's the only way I could get enough tilt up. Apparently there is a firmware to be released which will enable the 'hardware flipped' option so you won't have to post process the video.

I also noticed you had some contourHD footage on YT, how do you rate it vs the gopro? I think the obvious advantage with the GP is the chest mount, it's just so much more immersive for DH video it's not even funny.
Thanks man. Yes the camera is inverted in the harness... unfortunately! A real hassle until the firmware update is released :( I also flipped it in sony vegas. I far prefer the raw footage though, it really is butter smooth at 60fps - quite frustrating that it is inverted when I go to watch it.

Yeah I have the 720p Contour HD (not the newest one) - it has its pros and cons. Tbh I far prefer the GoPro video quality and that is mainly why I went for it. It also has far better mounts and is a lot cheaper, and water proof to some insane depth :p I'm gonna try it in the pool this week for sure :) but the GoPro isn't perfect, the buttons are fiddly and its difficult to aim, whereas the contourHD is very easy to operate with the glove slide switch and laser sighting! Plus it's profile when mounted is very desirable.

Depends what you're after, but to me the GoPro seems like a better camera than the ContourHD for the price.

Plus the chest mount is super awesome, cause I can lend it to mates and done have to bother with pathetic goggle strap mounts! and it is an awesome POV!

EDIT:

nskz - I have been able to rotate the video in vegas and export it without any quality/fps loss and it is in the same format as the original raw stuff (H.264)

Last edited:

joshbb

Likes Dirt
awsome vid. were you guys the on the same day this was posted ? cos i was. me and my mate were on the hardtail he had and stp. i had a flat tyre.

Lukez0r

Likes Dirt
awsome vid. were you guys the on the same day this was posted ? cos i was. me and my mate were on the hardtail he had and stp. i had a flat tyre.
Yeah I think so dude we were there on the Saturday from early in the morning till about 3pm. Were you near the map sign and repairing the bike which was upside down? :)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the perspective on these videos, they capture the track better than helmet cam seems to.

Can you do a Travs' Diamnond next time your there and post it. I want to show someone what that track is like. :)

Makes me miss the You Yangs.

Lukez0r

Likes Dirt
I like the perspective on these videos, they capture the track better than helmet cam seems to.

Can you do a Travs' Diamnond next time your there and post it. I want to show someone what that track is like. :)

Makes me miss the You Yangs.
Yeah man if I go out there again soon I will do one. Cheers.