You Yangs Working Bee (Vic)

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
Just a note to let people know that on the 30th of July (TOMORROW), there will be a Working Bee at the You Yangs.

If you are able to make it, work will be done to the existing and NEW tracks. You dont need to bring any tools etc, as they will be provided. A free BBQ lunch will be provided for those who help out.

Meet at the Drysdale Rd Car Park at 10am.

Cheers.

Last edited:

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Melbourians HELP US OUT.
Ill be there with shorerider fixing parts of the track and it would be good if we had more people giving more ideas on how the trail can be fixed and what should be added.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I have that day free - sunday yeah?

I should be able to come down for a while... i have some ideas too!

PS - please chuck me a reminder pm closer to the date as i have a memory like a sivf:eek:

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee

Just a reminder to all that the You Yangs working is only 1 week away. So if you can make it next Sunday, come down, help out, and make it a better place to ride!

Hope to see you there.

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee

The You Yangs Working bee is on TOMORROW people!!!!

Come down if you can, to make it a better place to ride than it already is.

Cheers.

lucco

Likes Dirt
hey went to the other one, but can't find any info. When? Where? How Long? Is there riding after or shuttles?
cheers

trav

Likes Dirt
The working bee tommorow starts at 10 meet at the top near where the DH track crosses the XC track or make your way up and you will run into us.Firstly the new track will be finished not much to do and opened up, if we get a good turn out the wall ride on the DH track will get fixed also.Parking in Drysdale rd bbq lunch provided at 1 all tools will be provided so just bring yourself,i'll be there early if anyone is keen.

ajay

ahh man,

I wasnt "allowed" to go, my GF cracked the whip...:eek:

Sorry guys.

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee

Listen to Teamshore, he speaks from experience. (ha,ha)

Teamshore and I turned up at 12pm, but Trav and his crew had already finished all the work! The new track "Trav's Diamond" was opened and ridden.

A BIG thanks to all who helped, especially Trav, who is out there most weekends building. I will hopefully be out there this weekend riding and building, if my bitch will let me. (ha,ha)

Cheers.

ajay

TeamShore03 said:
A victim of being pussywhipped
Not pussywhipped as such, but scared for dear life:p

That, and a mighty big thumb print on my nogan!

Argh, who am i kidding...:eek:

Bodin

GMBC
Thumbs up

I rode the YYs yesterday for the first time in bloody ages and I just wanted to thank all those who have been involved in the recent track building efforts. The results of your work are bloody spectacular - especially the "All-Mountain" trail that goes off to the right of the DH track. All those massive wooden berms and concreted rock gardens must've taken a huge amount of work and myself and a few others had a lot of fun yesterday.

I'll be keeping an eye out for future volunteer days, but in case you have a list of people that you email for trail building, please feel free to include mine for future efforts - bodinp@gmail.com.

Also - how do you guys fund these days? All that stuff can't be cheap to provide...

Cheers.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Another props for the You Yang work, Had a mate revisit his family (he lives in WA) and came back with photos chocka of the trails in the You Yangs. He's going to revisit them soon, with his MTB...

trav

Likes Dirt
Myself and the other four track builders and Parks are glad to hear that people like the improvments that have been going on at the You Yangs, there is more to come yet.Anyone who is keen to help out is more than welcome just pm me to arange a day .Funding for all the work is covered by sponsers(Teds Cycles &Vic Harness Racing ,Junction Tabaret ,Geelong MTB Club and Swear Words) and Parks Victoria ,today some more hours were put in on the new DH track with Shorerider ,Teamshore and Kim helping me out.