You Yangs Working Bee (Vic)

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds and looks tops.....lets hope this rain is hitting it. The Youies is turning into an awesome place to ride and an example of what's possible with a bit of cooperation from everyone involved, I'm stoked for MTB.

We are hopefully about to start rebuilding another one of our favorite tracks with the blessing of Parks Vic and the local head ranger who has sort advice from their conterparts out at the You Yangs NP. With this park already well underway it has made our relationship with Parks Vic much easier. I hope we will be riding another sweet legal DH track within the next 12 months or so very close to Melbourne. Will keep you updated as it becomes more official.........:D

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Sounds and looks tops.....lets hope this rain is hitting it. The Youies is turning into an awesome place to ride and an example of what's possible with a bit of cooperation from everyone involved, I'm stoked for MTB.

We are hopefully about to start rebuilding another one of our favorite tracks with the blessing of Parks Vic and the local head ranger who has sort advice from their conterparts out at the You Yangs NP. With this park already well underway it has made our relationship with Parks Vic much easier. I hope we will be riding another sweet legal DH track within the next 12 months or so very close to Melbourne. Will keep you updated as it becomes more official.........:D
Exactly what I was thinking when the rain hit... Its still raining fairly solidly with no real signs of it easing, bring it on!

Another DH track eh? The Youies is certainly turning into a great place to ride with heaps of variety! and so close to Melbourne!

Tofsy

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone,

Im going to be heading up to the youies fairly soon. could you please tell me where the trailhead of the new track is so that i can walk the track?

Thanks

pete

Tofsy

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone,

Whats news on the new dh track at the youies? I believe we were waiting on some rain - i has now rained! YAY! Anyone know when the track will be opening or any info on the track? (including working bees)

Thanks

Pete

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone,

Whats news on the new dh track at the youies? I believe we were waiting on some rain - i has now rained! YAY! Anyone know when the track will be opening or any info on the track? (including working bees)

Thanks

Pete
Well, the amount of rain we've had may seem like alot, but believe me, it does take a fair bit to actually soak in. I've been out there after a 30min heavy downpour, and the ground was only wet 10mm deep on the surface. And this was dry in an hour! The ground under branches, 1/2 a metre off the ground was still dry!

The opening of the new DH track is still a while away. As to when it will open all depends on when it can withstand the impact of repeated use. It's no use in opening it early, only to get trashed soon after.

If you're out there, just check to see if it's open. The branches that litter the track will get removed, and the track sinage will go up also.

So please be patient, it will get opened soon enough.

Cheers, Shorerider.

Tofsy

Likes Dirt
Thanks heaps shorerider, just wanted to get up to date. I very much respect the time these things take. Thanks again

Pete

Mevo

Likes Bikes
Any news about the new DH track? Was thinking about heading out there this weekend to give it a run if it is ready