Your dumbest stack

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Leaving my units the other day, world of my own and a bug flew into my face, tried to swat it , went to close to a tree clipped the bars and got thrown into the nice soft concrete pavement.

All of 5m away from my place.

Blythy

Likes Dirt
Pedalled up way too close to a mtb kicker on bmx and one footered massive only thing is i didnt put my foot back on...one footer lander... my leg ended up underneath my frame and the chain ripped a sice slice out of my leg...

L14M

Likes Bikes
I wanted to show off to a mate,
so I did a jump from the road to the pathway next to it (just a steep incline) in front of him.
i landed and clipped a power pole doing an OTB/360 type thing

I got a fairly big bruise, as the base of the power pole had a metal casing :( :p

taquar

Likes Dirt
Happened today of all things. Was riding on a track I go on nearly every day, went off a small drop on a downhill section, and realised there was a fallen tree branch right in front of me. Small part of the branch scraped all the way up my right arm leaving a nice gouge before snapping, then the front wheel hit the thicker part of it. Went over the bars and got myself a nice 4inch gash up my left leg from the cassette, and landed on my left hand causing a rock to go through the glove and make a nice blister/cut/bruise thing on my hand.

Can't use my left hand and i'm out of riding for a week or so :( but at least nobody else is gonna hit the branch now. Stupidly kept riding for another hour or more. Might explain why my leg bled so much... :rolleyes:

mine would have to be after i blew the seals on the front brakes of my DH rig... pushed back to the top of the track thinking "there only front brakes" and in front of about 4 people speared strait off the second corner into a tree.

Riding into a parked car, going over the bonnet and landing in front of the car owner.
She was mad.
I was in pain, and laughing.

nick666

Likes Bikes
my dumbest stack was on my birthday last year. just building some little jumps in the back yard. It was about 6:30 so it was just getting dark and a bit hard to see. Anyway went off it, couldn't see the down ramp. Hit the back of the dowramp and KO'd myself. Spent 4 hours it hospital that night.:p

NSR

Likes Dirt
Mine would be when I stupidly decided to go downhilling on a bmx... came up to a tight corner, pulled on the brakes and nothing happened. I ended up flipping over the bars and falling through a tree. Not fun!

cluster

Likes Dirt
I was building this pump track near a bees nest, and I was just about to get on my bmx to go home. I had a shovel in one hand, and one end of the handlebars in the other, when an exceptionally large and angry bee decided it didn't like me. So I dropped the shovel, and proceeded to sprint along the road - with the killer bee hot on my tail.
I was running really fast, still with only one hand on the bars, but couldn't get on the bike because I was busy swatting away the bee with my other hand. After about 200 metres of flat out running the bee was still just as angry as when I started, and wouldn't go away, so I stopped swatting and reached desperately for the other end of the handlebar... and missed. My hand had gone clear over the handlebar, and I tripped, falling on my ribs onto the centre of the bars. I was doing a kind of one-hand-superman thing, trying to steer with my chest, when I got the wobbles and the bars crossed up, spitting me flat on my face onto the road. This was followed by a rather nasty thump on my back which was the bike landing on me... and then just as I started to shakily get up, the buzzing noise began again. :(
Worst day ever.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Mid air jump, I was gunna land in a pile of rocks and fallen trees and stuff on the left of the track, and die and that jazz,
so I bailed off the bike to the right side.
Pretty much as I threw myself off the bike away from the stuff I thought I would hit, I threw myself into a tree, whilst still in the air.

EDIT: Today wasn't much better. I got down the scary rock face bit on the trail, the bit that usually kills me. I was so happy thinking about it on the smooth section of the track, I hit the one rock there was square in the middle and went straight over the bars.

Last edited:

Fridge-Seal

Likes Bikes
Not as impressive as other peoples, but I was out riding with my friend, we'd just got the the top of the hill and had finished our talk break, starting off again slowly. Turned into this awesome trail, but on my way my front wheel glanced off abanana sized rock and dumped me un-ceremoniously into otherwise totally flat fire-road. Funny though.

Either that or the time I was crossing (on the footpath) a roundabout, wasn't concentrating, oversteered got my knees caught up in my bars and came off...

...just as the Police drove past me.

:)

dilstubs

Likes Dirt
You yangs

On GMBC Descent big jump over rocks, knocked the front brake just before I launched, Front wheel hit the landing, stem hit my chest, Top tube to the balls, then to top it all off, face to the ground :) Hurt like a mother fucker.

I was riding along the road in Manly and got targeted by a magpie. Trying to swot it with my hand and lost control and hit the deck very hard, still made it up to the dam for a ride despite the scrapes and sore hip.

well i bailed on an abubaca today and tore my pants open. its happened befoe but that time the tear was right down my ass and veryone could see it and had to ride home with my shirt wrapped around my waist and sitting down. lucky it wasnt cold out