Your dumbest stack

joe79

Likes Dirt
I've got a new contender:
Doing a log ride at Forrest, only a bit over a foot high. i start to topple over and fall to the left... And i unclip my right foot. wtf? i don't even know what i was thinking. needless to say i hit the deck with my left foot still clipped in.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have another :D.

was at Buller states, and i crashed in the woods section and put the bike down into a tree and i ran out of it. get back riding and noticed but didn't really take into acount, that my bars had rolled back a bit. Anyway i finish the run no dramas. I get back to the top and forget about my bars that rolled back. I go for another run, i get to this corner that has a ditch before it to slow you down i guess, well i go into the ditch and the bars completley roll back so there upside down whilst i'm still hanging on, all my weight goes forward and i summersault over the bars and land on the back side of the berm which was nice soft dirt, with some big rocks... i was fine but had to walk 300m back up hill which made me mad :mad:.

when i got back to the top i tightend up my bars :).

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was doing a jump not too big and anyway i did it like 5 times before and it was the last run of the day and somehow i crashed and i stopped practically on the down ramp and seeing how much speed i was going to stop that fast was something

cut a long story short i lost my spleen and yea thats the end of that pretty hectic i didnt know what it was and "i was walking it off" but it didnt work so that was exactly 3 months ago and hopefully next week back on me old shredda dogg kona hehe
::cool:

had an annoying stack from going around a corner too quick on a concrete path (bike track) fell straight onto my left knee/leg at about 45km/hr - scraped it up pretty bad. Anyway, didn't go to the doctor or anything about it for a few days - thought it was healing up OK - then it got a lot worse.

Turned out it was all infected to shit and stuff - a few weeks of antibiotics and a lot of dressing changes fixed it up!!

So ... back on the bike for a week - here comes my stupid stack ;) after perhaps a few too many beers at the uni bar, I realised it was getting dark, and I had left my lights at home - had also left my helmet in my car that morning when I dropped it off at the mechanics. So I decide to ride home anyway... (~10k of bike trail along darebin creek in melb) in the dark, while slightly intoxicated, with no helmet. I decide to ride with no hands for a bit :confused:, it was going fantastically. I was riding around corners and over bumps, bridges, no hands with ease!!

then the front wheel slipped off the path, and I went straight over the bars, scraping my knee that was just getting healed up again... my face, breaking my watch, scraping elbows, one of my hands and left wrist, and buckling my front wheel. heh, didn't feel too intelligent about that one....:eek:, a lot of people have had a good laugh at my expense lol

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
i was riding down a hill on my bmx and then i decided to put my feet on my front pegs. Yeah all was going sweet until i decided to do it standing up. As soon as i stood up the bike started wobbling out of control and i was thrown off. i ended up getting like a massive burn on my leg:(

Repack Rider

Likes Bikes
Unfortunately it was caught on tape.

Ready to ride down the hill, thought I would drop the saddle a bit while rolling, touched the front brake while the other hand was under the saddle. OTB at walking speed.

Far from my worst crash, since I didn't get a scratch, but saved forever on YouTube. I'm at the end with the outtakes.

After that I got the Gravity Dropper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQF1L1Ju7M

tom92

Likes Dirt
probably been said before but
i was sittin on my frame as you do and lost my balance and fell over the back down a hill infront of heaps of people
pretty embarassing

Murph12

Likes Dirt
my dumbest one would have to be
me riding home from school and riding off a gutter and flying over the handlebars

woody 14

Eats Squid
i think i win this one, riding at about 10pm on my way to a mates house. on the last bit there is a little short cut and i didnt know that the council had put poles in to stop cars goin through. as you can guess i hit on at about 20kph and otb and broke my coller bone. lets just say i wasnt impressed.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
These two both happened yesterday, and while they're fresh they probably seem like the dumbest, but there might be a few other silly ones..

Went for ride with my mate, had been raining up to when we got to the trail, but stopped just as we got there (luck?), anyway we're heading up this hill for the first time and I'm trying to go as far as I can without getting off..then just as I'm about to hop off my front tyre slides out on a wet root, I get flung off and onto another root, now my leg's all sore above my left knee:(

I laughed the first incident off and kept going, then just as we're finishing up and on our way back to the car I'm riding down this hill which is all rooted and rutted from the rain, me and the bike are completely coated in the days roost, going flat out I came up to this stream which was a few inches deep last time.
This time it was a little wider, so I just thought what the hell and went for it, around the middle (it was 3m or so wide) I just totally lost my front wheel and got thrown into the water. No injuries occurred but I just lost it in laughter cause my mate who was a fair was back was sure to do the same..he did, we both ended up laughing for ages and I even took a photo..

Attachments

Staunch

Eats Squid
Remembered another one

I was jumping a stair set with my mate (jumping down about 8 and landing on the rest) and I went to go a bit bigger. It went fine but when I landed my feet slipped of and I landed on the top tube with my crutch. To make things worse I kept going down the rest of the stair like that.

And one from today..

Was trying fly-out flatties and one time when I landed my feet slipped off the pedals and instead of landing on the seat I landed arse first on the still rolling back wheel :eek:

My arse hurts.....

Most of my really embarrasing stuff seems to happen riding through the city going to work..... Just when there's plenty of people around to see it happen.

I've recently changes over from SPD's to Crank Bros Mallets. The SPD's have a very definite click when they engage where as the crank bros are a bit more difficult to know when you are clipped in.

I pulled up just behind a couple of roadies at the lights in the city yesterday a bit up on the kerb. I was looking across at the traffic coming from the right when I saw a gap, put the right foot down on the pedal and took off. Then things got weird.

My foot instantly clipped in, the left end of the handle bar clipped the traffic light and down I went into about $6000 of carbon bianci bike and lycra who in turn took out the other bike next to him.

Traffic came to a halt i untangled myself and copped a mouthfull of abuse from both riders. It's hard to take abuse from a 50 year old guy wearing pink lycra without laughing your arse off.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most of my really embarrasing stuff seems to happen riding through the city going to work..... Just when there's plenty of people around to see it happen.

I've recently changes over from SPD's to Crank Bros Mallets. The SPD's have a very definite click when they engage where as the crank bros are a bit more difficult to know when you are clipped in.

I pulled up just behind a couple of roadies at the lights in the city yesterday a bit up on the kerb. I was looking across at the traffic coming from the right when I saw a gap, put the right foot down on the pedal and took off. Then things got weird.

My foot instantly clipped in, the left end of the handle bar clipped the traffic light and down I went into about $6000 of carbon bianci bike and lycra who in turn took out the other bike next to him.

Traffic came to a halt i untangled myself and copped a mouthfull of abuse from both riders. It's hard to take abuse from a 50 year old guy wearing pink lycra without laughing your arse off.
oh that would be funny

you what would have been even funnier if that roadie was dennis furgensen and started mullesting you!:D:D:D:eek::D

Last edited:

sharp

like a spoon
same at windsor. coming into the middle 6 pack and slid out a tad on the shitty burm. knowing i wanst going into it right, some reason slammed the front and back brake on and went a ploughing into the lip. didnt hurt myself but my mate thought it was DANG brilliant:D

ghettro

Squid
I just got my first set of clipless pedals and tried them out for the first time stupidly in saturday morning traffic on King St Newtown in Sydney. Baaad idea. This woman opened here parked car door and got out a few meters in front of me, I braked easily in time just in time and was about to tell her off when I forgot that I was stationary and still clipped in. I fell completely sideways and hit the deck.

joshrides

Likes Dirt
i was just randomly riding at illinbah in the open section and slid out, i dont even know what happend i wasnt even really turning and my front end just washed out some how:confused:

Pointy

Likes Bikes
Ahhh, Where to start?

I've had many nose cases, on BMX and MTB.

I've run into a fence at high speed on BMX..

And almost fell off a 50 foot bridge, also on BMX.

Yet, still no broken bones.

A few yers back me and my cousin were looking for places to ride and i saw a path amd i turned around to get his attention when suddenly i was on the ground.to my luck i managed to run into a parked ute. i had a nice scratch and a big headache