Your Favourite BMX Stem..

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Hey fellows, and felloweses

I'm after a BMX stem for some new bars, but have absolutely f*ck all idea what's good, bad, ugly, hot, or scene. Can you guys give me some ideas as to what you think i should buy? Money's not really an issue, unless it's over 3k, then i'll pass.

The only two ive considered so far were the typical Odyssey Elementary (even though aparently they crunch steerers like a road-train), and the Thomson Elite BMX sized stem, but would like to hear what you think.

Cheers boys, and boyeresses.

Tristan

DH_co

Likes Dirt
Yeh I just got the kink stem and its p-i-m-p

No slips at all, and dam sexy, only .4 of an ounce heavier then a elementary....

got it off dans for 70 aus.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
im a big fan of the Jumpoffs and Redneck XLTs... that Kink one looks pretty sweet, though

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the frontload stems like the Jump Off and the Mosca's.
The Kink one looks pretty fly, but I prefer the Eastern Deceptacon.

/\/\3qq3/\/\

Likes Dirt
^^^Finally at least someone likes the Eastern stem.
I myself have used both the Odyssey elementary and the Jump off.
And Don't have problems with either one.
Other wise have a look into the Eastern or the Kink.
(Got a colour in mind? Cause that may narrow your choices)

xero

Supersports
I'll throw this in.... Yes its KHE ( of course) but I am really impressed with this.
Minimalism Stem:
210g, nice and simple yet superstrong.

E-thugin

Likes Dirt
I have the FSA bmx stem, it like 170grams..

I had an FMF carbon (its shit coz it snapped)

Elementary stems are strong & light, the only reason why they crush the steerer tube is because people over tighten them,,, because of the wedge design they dont need heaps of tension..

But i would get the redneck XLT

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Cheers for the help boys. It's funny..it seems as if lots of BMX stems look the same. In design anyway.

I'm just after straight black if that makes any difference..

I'll throw this in.... Yes its KHE ( of course) but I am really impressed with this.
Minimalism Stem:
210g, nice and simple yet superstrong.
That is actually a very nice stem. I'm impressed. I might look into it:)

If anyone else has any other suggestions don't be afraid to voice.

Cheers

Tristan

super_niko

Likes Dirt
I bought the shadow attacck it was the lightest apart from elementary at the time.strong,doesn't look silly with holes and massive gaps everywhere.and they are fairly well priced and easy to get in aus and they come in heaps of rad colors.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I bought the shadow attacck it was the lightest apart from elementary at the time.strong,doesn't look silly with holes and massive gaps everywhere.and they are fairly well priced and easy to get in aus and they come in heaps of rad colors.
Yeah, it's actually the stem i'm thinking of at the moment. I saw one in Cycology in Gladesville a few months ago and liked how small it was, plus it just looked cool overall. I'm leaning that way, but if anyone else has a solid opinion, again, don't be afraid to shout out.

Cheers for the responses so far.:)

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
That does look pretty hawt actually. Do they usually sell in most bmx shops? And do you know RRP by any chance? It would either be that, the Attack, or the Elementary.