Your funeral song

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
I was reading a little while ago that, instead of old hymns and such, priests etc. are playing plenty of prior requests from the unfortunate participants at funerals. People who know their time is up and ask for a song that encapsulates them, who they are, how they want other's to remember them etc.

Apparently the most popular of late is: "Always look on the bright side of life" from Monty Python's Life of Brian, which is a fine choice.

Now, most Farkineers are clearly immortal. There are, however, some out there who may, for whatever reason, give up mtbing and die from morbid obesity or the like. It could happen, so it's important to be prepared, and to record your choice for posterity.

I want the priest or shamen or whoever's running the show to put this one on max. volume when everyone's at their most sad. They'll be sorted (and I don't think I could get away with this tune walking down the isle - which would be another appropriate moment for this artistic classic)

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JomHWt7p6-c

What's your choice? What are you leaving the building to?

**I'm not planning on karking it any time soon, btw.

jackmac91

Likes Dirt
HA! nice choice!
Personally when I die I want the song "don't worry, be happy" to be played.
Its been the standard "cheer you mate up song" between my friends and I for a few years and it works every time. You have to play it through your phone and everyone has to sing.

|Matt|

Banned
Nephilim by The Red Shore. Fucking beautiful instrumental, really something else. Everyone should check it out, its got no death metal singing in it so everyone can enjoy it, its really great.

The previous singer for the Red Shore had Effigy of Death (by the Red Shore) played at his funeral, thats a bit too heavy for a funeral I think, but still... R.I.P Damo :(.

Also, Horizons by Parkway Drive, or maybe just Moments in Oblivion (sort of a mini version of Horizons).

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I always kinda liked 'Here Comes The Flood' by Peter Gabriel.

Got no idea if it'd be relevant, but I like the emotion.

I've got a million instrumentals that i'd love, but finding the right one is difficult.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
My dad and his brothers chose 'He aint heavy' by the hollies when my uncle passed away. If there was a dry eye in the house beforehand there certainly wasn't afterwards! Bit too depressing in my view though...

"Highway to Hell!" has always been my choice for the closer since high school. The intro song chops and changes, Jeff Buckley's 'hallelujah' was a favourite for a while but I reckon that's been done to death (pardon the pun) so I'd probably go for 'Time' by Tom Waits.

Or possibly 'sick bed of culcullin' by the Pogues but I doubt that one would get past the immediate family on grounds of good taste!

pyrop

Likes Bikes
Mine are pretty much standard fair...

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
& maybe... Greenday - Time of Your Life

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
Well i don't want music ill have a tape player inside my cofin and it will be my voice yelling im not dead yet let me out whilst knocking on wood sound efects are played.