• Nah i'm too lazy

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm a tight @$$ and won't pay money

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
Heya everyone,

I was just wonderring, if there was some kind of regular meet for racing and so on near sydney (anyone have location suggestions ??) how many people would go to it ??

I'm thinking maybe a small membership/race fee (cover food and drinks, track maintenance, possible prizes, new trails etc). Have it regularly like weekly, more likely to be monthly.

IS this a hot idea, or would everyone just rather go with there mates to the local track they've done 1k times lol :p

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What type of Racing are you talking about?
All Mountain bike clubs do this anyway for a minimal race fee.

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
Well, what sort of racing i spose would depends on trail locations, , say if we went to wollongong, i'm guessing it'd be downhill lol, national park would be cross country.

I thinking a meet each month at different locations.

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
clubs are gay :p lol

They might, but they only do their local tracks right ?? I've pounded my tracks a few times and gotten bored with them, you know, been there done that.

Last edited:

Jonny26

Likes Dirt
You need more options in your poll. I will say No, not because I am lazy or a tight arse.
You also need to flesh your idea out a whole lot more. Not just maybe here or maybe there..
I will not pay to go to some half arsed track meet when you can go to the watering hole and tee something up.
Now if it was a well organised meet then perhaps.

My 2 cents

...jim

skanky media ho
You're describing a club. Do it yourself and deal with insurance, access, etc - or join a club, do your local area, go race with another club (under the same licence) in a nearby area....

...or don't join a club, just pop for day-licence membership with a bunch of your mates and see if it floats your boat.

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was just wonderring, if there was some kind of regular meet for racing and so on near sydney (anyone have location suggestions ??) how many people would go to it ??

I'm thinking maybe a small membership/race fee (cover food and drinks, track maintenance, possible prizes, new trails etc). Have it regularly like weekly, more likely to be monthly.

IS this a hot idea, or would everyone just rather go with there mates to the local track they've done 1k times lol :p
clubs are gay :p lol
You're describing a club.

Jim has the right answer....

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
It was only a rough idea without thorough planning for it, i was just wonderring if the Aussie mtb community would support this.

So it's what clubs do ?? I don't know much about clubs, sorry l:eek:

What would make it better ?? I think the idea has potential from your reactions and votes, but it needs work, so what could make it better ??

Thanks guys

Nmag

Likes Dirt
I've been to a few events. They tend to be missing some things. The first thing that comes to mind is this: