Your user name, how'd you get it and what does it mean??

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My parents gave me a name with annoying spelling that you have to read out every time...(parents, don't do it, it's fucked up and your kid will go through their entire life having to spell their name out, just go with a name that everyone can spell ffs)

Hence there are not many of us so most forums I just go with it as it's usually available. Don't see the need for an alias, I'm not hiding.

scblack

Leucocholic
My parents gave me a name with annoying spelling that you have to read out every time...(parents, don't do it, it's fucked up and your kid will go through their entire life having to spell their name out, just go with a name that everyone can spell ffs)

Hence there are not many of us so most forums I just go with it as it's usually available. Don't see the need for an alias, I'm not hiding.
Agreed completely - Parents, just do normal shit with names.

I am known by my middle name. Thus, every single farking time I fill out ANY form or anything I have to explain "Please call me by me Middle name". It causes issue with every single authority I contact as the cards, licences etc have to be printed with middle name not first. My parents have never been able to explain why.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

I am known by my middle name. Thus, every single farking time I fill out ANY form or anything I have to explain "Please call me by me Middle name". It causes issue with every single authority I contact as the cards, licences etc have to be printed with middle name not first. My parents have never been able to explain why.
How does this fly on passports?

Those fuckers are very uptight, tried getting my renewed as Faq Knuckle, but no dice....

moorey

call me Mia

My brothers and I used to think the name Duane/Dwayne was hilarious. In my older brothers opinion, it sounded like stabbing spaghetti with a fork. True story.

stirk

Burner

I'm in the same middle name situation. Is a bit of a pain, particularly at work, as systems such as HR payroll list my official first name but my email and what everyone calls me is my middle name, some people think I have a brother at work.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm in the same middle name situation. Is a bit of a pain, particularly at work, as systems such as HR payroll list my official first name but my email and what everyone calls me is my middle name, some people think I have a brother at work.
You could have so much fun with this.

New bloke at work thought my real name and my nickname were 2 different people for months. Despite me wearing identical clothes every day the dickhead didn't twig and would talk to me as one or the other entity on different days.....even asked my nickname where my real name is, on more than one occasion.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
just change it by deed poll, problem solved.

it was very common in my parent's generation to be called by your middle name as the first name could often be a parent or grandparent's name. dunno why they just didn't use that one as a middle name and make life easy?

my two girls have unusual names and have hated them. i've got two of the most common names of my generation and hate them too, that's why i changed it myself.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

it was very common in my parent's generation to be called by your middle name as the first name could often be a parent or grandparent's name. dunno why they just didn't use that one as a middle name and make life easy?

my two girls have unusual names and have hated them. i've got two of the most common names of my generation and hate them too, that's why i changed it myself.
We called our kids 50 and Britney , because who doesn't want to be named after timeless cultural icons?

stirk

Burner

Do people look at you sideways as if they are waiting for you to do something crazy at any moment when they read your last name?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I like guns with soft ammo ... I use lots of ammo ... forever picking the puppies up ... or

I look like an Asian Han Solo ... or

I use to organise a lot of rides with nerfs ... "cat herder" would also fit ... or

all of the above.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
"I look like an Asian Han Solo"
Thanks for clearing that up Al, all this time I've been thinking
geez that bloke looks familiar, now all the pieces fit. .....
The cavalier/cowboy riding style. .....
not to mention, the do anything for a buck attitude. .........
Oh and I forgot to add ,the heart of gold :biggrin1:...................
Now, if only I knew of someone with the above attributes that could
do me a great deal on a seat post. ..........