Youyangs time

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Hi all - i went for a ride at you yangs dh track today. i timed my run and got 2mins 10sec (i skipped the first section that has been bared so its probably more like 2mins 20 - 25)

I raced in may but didnt get my time so i was wondering if that was an ok time?

S.

ex offender
ajay said:
Hi all - i went for a ride at you yangs dh track today. i timed my run and got 2mins 10sec (i skipped the first section that has been bared so its probably more like 2mins 20 - 25)

I raced in may but didnt get my time so i was wondering if that was an ok time?
How much of the track are you talking about? Where exactly did you start? The fastest race times were about 2:10-15.

ajay

Coooool :D that was better than i thought :D
Cheers

S.

ex offender
Superman said:
S. said:
The fastest race times were about 2:10-15.
including the first section which he said was barred. then he said it would be around 2:20 to 2:25.
If he means he's starting after the first rock rolldown, there is no way you could do up till there in 10-15 seconds (and I can't think of any bits where you could cut in before there), which is why I asked where he started.

ajay

I started just before where track splits to the b line around the first wooden burm. hope that made sense... :?

ajay

Um, at the you yangs?

You're from sydney though and its just south west melbourne about 45 mins. :D

Make a road trip! :wink:

ajay

The bridge was open today (the one about half way down) so i didnt have to around that. But the drop and the double at the end were closed so i took the b line which is slower any way - as for the finish - i stopped timing at the end - just over that little bridge after the hip jump...

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ajay said:
The bridge was open today (the one about half way down) so i didnt have to around that. But the drop and the double at the end were closed so i took the b line which is slower any way - as for the finish - i stopped timing at the end - just over that little bridge after the hip jump...
the track continues past that, over the hip and down to the left.
I'd say at least another 10 seconds.
As for the first rock rolldown being 5 seconds from the start....HAHA!
you'd probably get into the first corner in 5 seconds out of the gate then you have to go around the rock corner etc.

Harder Nox

Likes Dirt
Also.. i went up there the other week and noticed that the starting platform has been moved foward to what used to be the first corner.

S.

ex offender
ajay said:
I started just before where track splits to the b line around the first wooden burm. hope that made sense... :?
Do ya mean the wooden bridge thing that drops you onto the rock which you then drop off (and I always case because I suck) onto the ground again? If so, it's a good 20-25 seconds to get to that bit, and from your description of the finish, you only *just* stopped short of it, so maybe another 2-3 seconds there. Still would come to a pretty good time, better than what I managed!

S. said:
ajay said:
Do ya mean the wooden bridge thing that drops you onto the rock which you then drop off (and I always case because I suck) onto the ground again? If so, it's a good 20-25 seconds to get to that bit, and from your description of the finish, you only *just* stopped short of it, so maybe another 2-3 seconds there. Still would come to a pretty good time, better than what I managed!
yeah thats an awsome time, why weren't you racing at the time *taking that you didn't have a bike* but the first corner, about 15 or 20 meters behind the first corer is where starter used to be, and from the starter block the wooden berm b line is about 20 seconds, S. is right, whats happening with these shuttle days i have been hearing about?

fastrider_cam

Likes Bikes
you yangs

Awsome time there! Just out of interest did you take all the A lines, I noticed they have made a chicken line on one of the rock gardens (about half way down the track) that could save you about 10 seconds I reckon.
Also how the hell did you do the last jump at the bottom of the track with a gate over it?

ajay

Simo said:
ajay said:
i stopped timing at the end - just over that little bridge after the hip jump...
the track continues past that, over the hip and down to the left.
I'd say at least another 10 seconds.

Thats what i said wasnt it???

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats the deal with these shuttle days at the You Yangs. Anyone heard anything more about them. There is also meant to be a race late October from what I've heard

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jjperko said:
Whats the deal with these shuttle days at the You Yangs. Anyone heard anything more about them. There is also meant to be a race late October from what I've heard
race in october? that would be so hot.