YT bikes now to Oz!

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Site is up and down - must be getting thumped with the spike in users. The pricing looks bloody cheap considering the spec!

Good to see YT Industries finally going whole hog & servicing the Oceania properly. Annoyed the bejesus out of me that they've used NZ as a test-bed for a year but prohibited the supply to Australia.

Certainly know which company I'll be giving my money to when it comes to a new bike purchase. Helluva lot of bike for the price.

jbg

Likes Dirt
The Aud prices for their bikes seems pretty sweet for the spec. So they don't use an lbs? Wonder if the prices include delivery?
Think we will be seeing a lot of YT's out on the trails soon.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
The Aud prices for their bikes seems pretty sweet for the spec. So they don't use an lbs? Wonder if the prices include delivery?
Think we will be seeing a lot of YT's out on the trails soon.
Prices don't include delivery, from their site:

SHIPPING COSTS
Parts: AUD 5.00 | Bikes: AUD 189.95 ea.

empire

Likes Bikes
Also looks like a 2.2% credit card surcharge to take into account as well if you don't do a bank transfer. Hope you can do a transfer to an Aussie bank account.

Last edited:

cjaty

Likes Dirt
So how will warrenty claims be handled from your snapped frame down to suspect hairline cracks that need to be inspected thoroughly?
Was wondering about warranty myself, in my trade they have service agents without having to be a retailer of the product,fee's and charges are payed by the distributor at a set price.I was a service agent for Kypor generators and found warranty issues I delt with more than often turn into return customers so I hade no problems being an agent

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And if they're anything like another German direct selling brand you won't see your new bike in under 6 months.

There are a lot of people whinging on other International MTB websites complaining about Canyon selling to the US. When they realise how the business model works they will be frothing.

It's a good thing though, probably could have seen it coming when YT picked up Kelly McGarry recently.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
This time next year, no more Banshee's all over RB, but YT's, I will wager one anodized part on this.

Great specs for the prices including the delivery and credit card flog. If I was after a new bikes, would be very hard to go past, except I may be too old to ride by the time they are avaliable.