DH Yt industries tues cf pro.

jarrod839

Banned
Hi All.

Took the new rig for its first taste of dirt today at You Yangs, so i thought i would take some pics of it in its natural habitat and give a short review.

Only played with it on cressy today, as still dialling in the suspension, as the BOS suspension is a bit more involved than boxxers or fox 40,s, but where its currently set at, it was eating up the rock gardens with ease and feels so plush.

The feel of this bike overall is truly amazing and the way it was cornering and hitting jumps and anything else i threw at it. And the 650B wheels make such a huge difference compared to 26 inch.

The sram guide brakes are so good and have so much stopping power, and only a feather touch is required for it to start grabbing.

Only upgrades were some ENVE carbon bars (feel amazing) and DMR vault pedals.

Big thanks to Solon at YT oceania for providing excellent customer service and delivery date, and Paul AKA astroboy for setting the bike up for me and taking me through the BOS suspension.

20150721_133421_resized.jpg20150721_133458_resized.jpg

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Saw it in the flesh today and it is a beautifully finished and detailed rig.

Very nice indeed and incredible value given what equivalent bikes go for.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks sweet mate (i've got the red). Be careful with the Enve's and that Rental stem. Voids the warranty ;)

jarrod839

Banned
Got the suspension dialed today and with some perfect conditions at you yangs today i opened it up down and cressy and turbulence.
once this thing gets some speed behind it u realize just what this bike it capable of. Truly i would describe this as the perfect ride.
if u don't mind waiting a few months and after a new bike i highly recommend a yt.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
How does the suspension feel? Looks like it would be pretty stiff at the start and end of the stroke but pretty amazing in between. I think i kind of like the idea considering you sag takes that very first bit out of the equation.

slowmick

38-39"
Bike likes awesome. glad you are enjoying it. I've spent far too many hours looking at the YT website trying to justify needing a downhill bike. looking forward to seeing some on the trails. kind scary buying a bike sight unseen.

jarrod839

Banned
How does the suspension feel? Looks like it would be pretty stiff at the start and end of the stroke but pretty amazing in between. I think i kind of like the idea considering you sag takes that very first bit out of the equation.
The BOS suspension feels amazing, and its pretty close to how u described it. as haven,t bottomed it out once yet, and still got about 1cm left on the front and rear, even after some decent drops.

jarrod839

Banned
Bike likes awesome. glad you are enjoying it. I've spent far too many hours looking at the YT website trying to justify needing a downhill bike. looking forward to seeing some on the trails. kind scary buying a bike sight unseen.
I spent many hours as well, staring at the bike till i finally just drank a beer and hit the buy button, was a gamble buying a bike i hadn,t seen or sat on, but considering the build for the price, i couldnt really go wrong.

reptilemadness

Likes Dirt
hey mate im pretty keen on buying one.. but id like to hear a ride report if your keen to write one haha.
Bam

http://dirtmountainbike.com/longform/yt-industries-tues-carbon-review#BfIMfAUkPfVQ3gig.97
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-YT-TUES-CF-Pro-2015.html
http://www.bikeradar.com/au/mtb/news/article/yt-industries-tues-cf-first-look-43650/

Every review I've read they gave it 10/10 or 5/5. Plus it's been Dirt's bike of the year for the past two years. What else do you need to hear?

jarrod839

Banned
hey mate im pretty keen on buying one.. but id like to hear a ride report if your keen to write one haha.
hey mate have only ridden it at youies so far, but should be heading out to kinglake this sunday and maldon the following week, to put the bike through its paces in some differant terrain. So will write one up then but the reviews floating around on pinkbike etc. are spot on and detail how the bike handles.
Thanks.

Justin Pasteur

Likes Bikes
Oh sweet that's good to hear first hand accounts. Was it easy getting the bike to delivered to your door? How about sizing Im about 175 so I fit a medium. Are they a 'big' medium?

jarrod839

Banned
Oh sweet that's good to hear first hand accounts. Was it easy getting the bike to delivered to your door? How about sizing Im about 175 so I fit a medium. Are they a 'big' medium?
yeah the whole ordering process through YT Oceania or Day Zero imports was super smooth, the bike was boxed perfectly and Solon was awesome to deal with. and sizing is spot on with the yt as i,m 180cm and the bike fits perfect, i would say they are a normal medium.